Worst in 10 Years

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Rug_Trucker, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I am in Memphis. Been here since 1:30pm Friday. No load.

I talked to a woman I saw in Columbus. She has been with Swift 10 years. Said it is the worst she's ever seen.

Glad I have my next 2 mortgage payments in the bank. :yes2557:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DickJones

DickJones Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2010
    glad i don't have a mortgage or car payment to worry about.... :biggrin_255:

what gets me, is that my miles haven't dropped off as bad. Been in memphis since friday at when??? Sounds like your DM dropped the ball and didnt get you a back up to get you out of there. My DM, anytime i go into Memphis, or any area where the freight is 'dead', he'll have be setup for a run to keep me rollin. It might only be a 100-150 mi run out of memphis, or a 200 mi deadhead to go p/u a 700+ mi load.....but you know what? i'm still movin'. you'll never see me at a big terminal for more than 12-14 hrs....UNLESS i'm in the shop.

4. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I have never seen the bobtail parking this full. It was 10-12 drivers standing in the lounge last night.

I sent a message to get me out ASAP. She said she doubted it would happen.

5. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    So you and 12 others " dropped your load " on a friday afternoon with nothing to pick up. ###### Boy that C.R.A.P. happens to Losers. LOL

When you got your Load info, Did you tell the Driver Mangler to pre-plan you or put your truck out of service for a 34?

You must take charge and let the monkeys know if you want Off-duty or On-duty. You are Master of the Universe and the 1st Seat Commander of that Transport Vehicle. With out You, there is no Freight to Move. Think ahead, don't let them dump on you like the rest of the crowd.

OH! Don't Swift drivers get paid layover pay for sleeping and eating?

Let's Roll!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
    scottied67 Thanks this.
  6. DickJones

Aug 16, 2010
    just be sure you dont go inside to watch football. If you do, be prepared for a fight to break out. always seems to happen. never understood why certain drivers have to talk/act so loud just to draw attention to themselves? Did one of their divorced parents not pay enough attention to them as a child?? :biggrin_25512:

Buckeye 'bedder Thanks this.
  7. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    We don't do much reefer. I get $50 for every 24hrs. If I get a load assignment before my 48 is up? I don't get another $50.

You get lay over pay to sit in a truck stop too.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  8. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    You are right...and Memphis has always been that way in the TV/lounge area...they took the TV out a few times in my day with Swift....at least they only took the TV out...at the Sparks terminal, the TV kept getting stolen...until the terminal manager figured out that it could be mounted to the wall!:yes2557:

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    We could do a meet and greet. The coffee machine is broke.

I can put on one of my custom Rug Trucker hats I had made at the Iowa 80 truck stop.

EZ to find me! :biggrin_25517:

scottied67 Thanks this.
  10. DickJones

Aug 16, 2010
    last time i was in memphis, a fight almost broke out between a white and black guy. The white guy wanted to watch 15-20 min. of NeckCAR race in Phoenix. it was the 2nd to last race in the 2009 season....and the previous 4-5 hrs had been nothing but football. But naturally, when the white guy asked to watch some NeckCAR, the other driver about flipped out as if he was called the "n"word. no seriously. I minded my own business typin' away on my laptop, till they started being disruptive, then i spoke up and asked "how old are you guys? seriously...grow up". About that time the TM or FM came out and about yanked off the power cord. I had a notion to do that, but figure i'd have got in trouble. =)

30 year old guys cryin' about whats on TV like a bunch of 7 year olds.

(note to mods...no i'm not making this out to be a racist remark....i'm stating a plain and simple fact)

11. DickJones

Aug 16, 2010
    hey, last time there was a meet and greet, someone got shot in the head......oh wait...that was in arizona... =)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.