Worst in 10 Years

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Rug_Trucker, Jan 23, 2011.

1. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    I'm broken down now and just got out of the shop in Memphis last Monday. But, except for that, I've been rolling steady. If they get me rolling today, I'll still have a shot at a 3000 mile week. Not planning on it though!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Lucky,
    Have you ever had a run into Maine? Just curious.

4. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Hate to tell you this....it is a canned message....the on-road group that could type were replaced by robots and message recordings!:biggrin_2559::biggrin_25522:

JustSonny Thanks this.
  5. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    It took me ten years to get a load to Maine....I turned one down from Seattle when I first went solo...governed at 57 and two weeks before Christmas I just didn't want to take the load.:biggrin_25525:

JustSonny Thanks this.
  6. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    The burning sands of the SW
    Never. But I have had 2 loads that came out of Maine. Once I DHed in from New Hampshire for a load of paper. The second time I DHed in from Mass for a load of water.

On a slightly related note, I still have never been to Rhode Island or Vermont.

JustSonny and Hamshoe Thank this.
  7. Hamshoe

Hamshoe Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Illinois
    lol...I am a newbie and have been to both RI and Vermont...almost always get sent east out of hometime...West Virginia ...err I run alot there...I don't mind it too much...just stay away from the skinny roads.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  8. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    About 3 weeks ago, i was in Memphis. They said there was no freight, so they sent me, bobtailed, to just on the east side of indy, picked up an empty trailer, and took it to New Boston, MI. I forget the total miles, but it was around 8-900 miles.

I get to New Boston on friday, I'm due home the next day, which is just a straight shot down I-75 into Ohio for me, and the only load I'm offered is a short local 11 mile t-called load. I'm not happy about it as I just want a load going home, but they won't give me anything else, so I do the load, then they tell me to take my trailer and go home. :biggrin_2556:

After my hometime, by wednesday, I was only sitting with 1700 miles for the week. I asked my dm with a short couple hundred mile load I could deliver that day so I could pick up a few more miles, and he said he would see what he can do. He came back with a 1400 mile load to Kansas City to get me thru the weekend. Then backed that one up with a load going to Yuma, AZ. Finished up that week with just under 3000. I had asked to go from Yuma to Phx so I could do a reset and visit with my sister, but he wouldn't deadhead that far. Instead, I got a load that picked up at TransMex in California that was going to Atlanta, GA and I was to t-call it in Phx. I said wait a minute...does this load have enough time to deliver and still get in a 34? He said he would have to check with the planner and when I got my dispatch, he said the load was all mine. Cool! So here I am at the Atlanta terminal ready to deliver the load first thing in the morning with 2000 miles on my week already. Hopefully I can get another 1000 miles in by wednseday.

BTW, I've been to Vermont and New Hampshire, but haven't seen Maine or Rhode Island yet. Not in a real hurry for it. I hate the New England states.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  9. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Sat in Lancaster Tues - Thurs, got repositioned to Muskogee, OK then a load came up in Tulsa, OK to Phoenix. Slowest week I have had in awhile. I love this run though, plenty of time and can make some cool stops on the way. About 1900 miles for the week.

10. DickJones

DickJones Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I got to Lancaster yesterday and chose to sit the rest of the day. After listening to other drivers whine about 'i've been here since last sunday' or 'i've been here for 3 days'....i went to bed last night thinking i might not get out till monday. This morning, i send in a Mac 30...and there are 2 loads going to st louis. 644 miles...nobody wanted these loads?? or are memphis planners just picking and choosing again who rolls and who dont?? I know, someone will tell me that loads are planned by computer...BUT there still is a human that can plan loads on drivers who have been sitting for 2-3 days.

i dont care...i know i'm not sitting. =)

11. Hamshoe

Hamshoe Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Illinois
    I have been rolling non stop also...I wonder about the planning aspect of things...not complaining at all...just wondering why I roll and hear of others sitting...OK i want to think I am "special"...lol or at least maintaining platnium status has some value.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.