Worst mistake to make during job interview

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Sep 15, 2021.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Be as it may would you go into a job interview and swear during it? I know I wouldn’t-especially if I valued that potential job.

drvrtech77, N00bLaLoosh and buddyd157 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    I said nothing about that, i adressed specifically your complaint of "lack of morals today" as if this wasnt a problem made by the policy of those in charge 45 years ago, notably predating those today you accuse of not having morals or ethics

4. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    You might want to read the post made by @buddyd157 first since he’s the one who mentioned morals and ethics first. What he mentioned I think drives the point home.

drvrtech77 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  5. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    YOU are the one complaining about the lack in todays day and age, his comment was that he basically wasnt an idiot that would swear before hired in an office setting and didnt like dumb questions from interviewers.

Its not a hard thing, be capable of communicating without swearing/cursing, never speak coarsely in a work environment unless your superior has given tacit (they swore conversationally) or explicit permission to.

Thats less to do with morals and ethics than it is to do with having social skills, another thing famously lacking in the population at large which equally has its roots in poor education and parenting

6. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    On the contrary both morals and ethics as well as social skills go hand in hand with job interviews-some more than others as some potential employers want to see potential employees demonstrate or exhibit exercises in judgment(sometimes without the potential employee’s knowledge-an “interview for the interview”,so the speak). And some employers also as a condition of employment may have morality and/or ethics clauses a potential employee may have to sign as a condition of employment. I’ve had to do this on numerous occasions-and this was long before I was a truck driver.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i think it's due to age.

todays younger workers (to me), just want the money, with hardly any actual work involved.

the old tried and true work day, fell by the wayside decades ago, thanks in part, to the parents of today's youth, who could only be interested in themselves, playing tennis, golf, whatever they wanted to do, and left thier kids to fend for themselves.

now, today's youth are having kids, called "zoomies"?

oh great.

more lackluster work force coming soon. maybe not a bad idea after all for autonomous trucks..????

robotic hamburger flippers?

and yet, kids in many foreign countries, excel in learning, and become high dollar doctors, lawyers, teachers, rocket scientists....

drvrtech77 and mjd4277 Thank this.
  8. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Something my father told me still rings in my ear to this day:
    “You can work hard now,and take it easy later,
    or you can take it easy now,and end up working hard later in life!”
    I choose the former option!;)

skellr, buddyd157 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I'm taking the middle ground. I won't die with anything that I can't take with me.

buddyd157 and mjd4277 Thank this.
  10. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Most interviews I ever had, the boss would be swearing during the interview. For me, it's a "when in Rome" thing. You have to read the room, so to speak.

11. N00bLaLoosh

N00bLaLoosh Road Train Member

May 13, 2021
    Novi, MI
    I had a guy offer me a beer during an interview for a delivery driver job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.