Worst mountain

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JestCat, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    Who y'all drive for?

I would love to just run Eureka to Redding & back every day. Way more fun than doing the interstate on cruise control.

Working Class Patriot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    CA 36 is legal as long as you are under 65' overall. You should have seen it back in the 1970's when big sections east of Dinsmore were gravel and steeper & tighter than they are now. Nobody went out of Dinsmore the back way in a semi, if you did it with doubles or a truck & trailer you were a bit of a hero.

4. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    491 is an easy ride, even in the winter... a Stevens Transport route, until you went east on 64 to us550, which is a nice 4 lane ride.

We ran that route from Laredo to salt lake and points north all the time.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    TRKRSHONEY and MNdriver Thank this.
  5. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    That "new" concrete barrier was the tip-off for me....They were working on the highway for what....Two years from NV state line to just about the Brake Check IIRC....

6. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    i haul for swift right now. i ran it once delivering to rite aid stores and my dad used to haul for kenny knowles hauling wood chips to blue lake from weaverville back in the early 90's. i would love ot get on with seirra pacific or bettendorf or someone like that. who are you haulin for?

7. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    I'm 70'......The Broker swore I was legal for the 36 but not the 101.....

I was about 3/4 loaded when another forklift driver told the the lift op who was loading my wagon..."Sheyat...He's too long!!!!"....

They unloaded me and I had to take the 36 back....Although I passed two Chippies issuing awards to Four-Wheelers...Not so much as a glance from them.....

8. ecmcintosh

ecmcintosh Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Murray, KY
    Your info says trucker 14 years....They rebuilt the road over Monteagle before then.

9. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

Haven't been down that way in a while, is the "ole school" truckstop with all of the old truck pics on the wall still open up on top? Or did they make it some mega travel center?

Stan

10. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Just curious if anyone knows or has been down US 95 in Idaho from Lewiston ID to Boise ID?

11. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA

when i first started driving i ran a Kmart account from reno to Lewiston/spokane and back, i love that road

if you have a 48' trailer you can run it free, if you have a 50' or 53' you need a permet $46 for an annual

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.