Worst Part of pulling End-Dumps

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Eaton18, Aug 18, 2012.

1. WrightMat

WrightMat Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Great post above by TDD. I agree with every word in that statement 100%. End dump guys are under-paid. It is dirty, hard, and dangerous. There is a huge need, however.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigPerm

BigPerm Medium Load Member

Great info...& I couldn't agree more. In respect to pulling the trailer forward...on some Ranco & Dragon frameless trailers I've pulled, hauling asphalt chunks..ON LEVEL GROUND..I get up to the last stage, then pull the trailer. Why ? I've actually had the gate locks get material stuck underneath & bend / break the air cylinder rods. Almost like the ram is too long. Poor design I say. Hooks come up from the bottom instead of top. About 6" clearance from the ground. when fully up.

4. dustinjean

dustinjean Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    ky
    A liner is the only way to go i haul 42 yards of processed topsoil in a 36' end dump and it slides out like hot butter, didn't have a liner until after I made my boss clean the trailer out himself he said #### this I'm ordering a liner, now even the places I deliver too ask what we did because it comes out so good.

5. Xcmr

Xcmr Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2013
    I've been pulling end dumps awhile. Try this next time your going to have the kind of loads that stick. Two bags of oil dry spread evenly in your wagon. It works wonders. Also if your low on hydraulic fluid diesel fuel works just as well. I usually add 5 gallons in the winter just to thin the fluid.

6. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    The worst part about pulling an end dump is usually when you dump it over the side....

7. roaddoggsteve

roaddoggsteve Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Hagerstown,MD.
    Sum dump truck beds are like this.. will not lower unless u have sufficient air pressure built up... sumthin to do with a valve

8. roaddoggsteve

roaddoggsteve Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Hagerstown,MD.

9. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Maybe not enough air pressure to actuate the valve that controls the flow of the hydraulic oil?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.