Worst Showers

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by mrjuggalo9er, Nov 11, 2006.

who do you think has the worst showers on the road

Poll closed Jan 10, 2007.
  1. *

petro

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. pilot

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. *

flying j

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. *

TA

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. *

LOVES

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. *

Other

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  7. *

All of the above

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. IofTEXAS

IofTEXAS Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2011
    in texas working
    so i take it you had a clean case to sue for being slandered or story was a lie???

driversunited and volvodriver01 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IofTEXAS

Sep 18, 2011
    in texas working
    any truckstop,and i keep track of them to avoid!!,that has slimy water...#### i hate that slimy water what a waste washing there ..i won't even drink or eat anything there with the water system they have ..

4. IofTEXAS

Sep 18, 2011
    in texas working
    a few months ago i was at the truckstop love's in memphis,IN N. of louisville,ky the ice dispensers on the fountain drinks were shut off!!! reason why?? i asked ,sewer line broke and contaminated the drinking water supply!!! what the HELL !!let me guess not contaminated tru pipeline but maybe the sewage pipeline broke and contaminated their water source ,,the well??? i would like to find out?? but anyways forget bathing there or whole area the well supplied water to..i wish i knew complete story

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  5. revelation1911

revelation1911 Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Moody Alabama
    I thought I was the only one that noticed that?? The water feels oily or greasy like your not clean after you shower.J in Va has water like that.

6. PilotGirl

PilotGirl Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Totally agree with the slimy water, yuck! It is terrible!
    One truck stop I didnt care for in any aspect was the Frontier Travel Center in Bowman, ND. Everything was crappy, especially the cold/warm slimy water shower:biggrin_2552:

7. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    Why cry about it? The showers are free if you buy 50 gallons or more of fuel. Be thankful people.

8. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    And so is the MRSA.

Mommas_money_maker and V8SuperDog Thank this.
  9. cap1022

cap1022 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2008
    lafayette, in
    No they aren't FREE ! you're paying for it with the big money they are making off the fuel. Customers have a right to stand up and complain if the shower is filthy. Why would someone be thankful for having to use a nasty filthy shower?
    It's people that just put their little heads down and say "oh thank you sir for allowing me to use your nasty little shower, after I just spent $500.00 buying your fuel" It's people like this that has allowed these truck stops to turn into what they are. If you walk into a shower room and it's dirty, nasty water or stinks, go tell them to get someone in there and clean it up before you use it. YOU are a paying customer, demand that they treat you like it.

10. driversunited

driversunited Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Northeast, US
    :biggrin_25513:AMBEST is a Bushleague truck stop. You can hand over the T-Check and AmBest Card to the attendant, put fuel in your truck and when you go to the next AMBEST there're "no points" on the card. Sorry, they say. "...They forgot to swipe it." This happens EVERY TIME. So AMBEST NO MO!:biggrin_25513:

P.S. This happened again this Sunday/Mother's Day. I called AMBEST "truck stop support" office and left a message. Do not support this cheese bussiness practice. Also use an IPhone and add "fuelbook" App to it. You will find the best prices on fuel.

11. Raiderfanatic

Raiderfanatic Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Hutchinson, KS
    I never have any issues with Ambest. They let you go negative 2 showers on the points card. IMO, they are way better than the pilot,flying j, or loves.

The Admiral Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.