Worst Showers

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by mrjuggalo9er, Nov 11, 2006.

who do you think has the worst showers on the road

Poll closed Jan 10, 2007.
  1. *

petro

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. pilot

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. *

flying j

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. *

TA

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. *

LOVES

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. *

Other

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  7. *

All of the above

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. peterbuilt48

peterbuilt48 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2012
    providence,RI
    No you are thinking of the truck stop to the south on RT1.That is called the Plainville truck stop.I used to nod out there once in a while when I was just to darn tired to make it home but I would not shower until I got home. You never know what comes out of a place like that. I even tried once to use the facilities and there was so much crap in the John that I said I'll take this out side. Have a great weekend.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    tn
    The FLYING Joke in Pecos texas, Dirty, tiles falling off the walls shower head didnt work and it stunk of dirty mop water and ###

4. peterbuilt48

peterbuilt48 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2012
    providence,RI
    There are those that would enjoy those showers.So what if the tiles are falling off the walls and the water smell like dung. I 'm just glad I don't have to shower there. YUK

5. mistermino

mistermino Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Boardman, Oh
    They all suck. Id take a crappy shower over none any day. Very rare for me to hit a non-chain for showers unless Im stuck somewhere...

6. hurricanejr

hurricanejr Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2008
    west point ms
    I think it is Loves because they use the same towels to clean the shower as we use to take a shower they are all blue

7. crc32

crc32 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2010
    North East, Missouri
    All these posts make me glad to be allergic to most soaps and detergents. I would never think about letting the soap provided by the truckstops touch my skin. I can only use a real soap like Ivory, instead of that heavily perfumed cr*p everyone buys. Oh, and I also carry a big can of lysol and spray down the toilet and shower before using them.

but the worst shower experience I ever had was in some T/A in the southeast. I paid my 6 or 7 bucks for the shower and was greeted to a plastic shower curtain covered in black mold. The mortar in the shower floor had long since dissolved away, leaving a shower floor made up of loose gravel. Now, I dont know how exactly you keep loose gravel clean, but I do not believe anyone was trying. It was disgusting.

8. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
  9. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
  10. RobC

RobC Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Mid-Tenn TS in Cookeville, TN has crappy showers. Tiny, dirty, run down, and $9. Had to take one there last week. I usually don't do anything other than the free showers at Pilot when I do have to be out overnight, but there is the rare occasion I have to do the small TS shower. This place has really gone downhill lately anyway.

11. ThisGuyDrives

ThisGuyDrives Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2012
    I do all I can to avoid Loves. But no matter where I go, I wear sandals in all showers, I use my own body wash, and my own shampoo.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.