Worst thing swift ever did to me.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DAX_, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    With that many days away from the truck you need to clean it out. Then if it's "MIA" upon returning you get another. What's more annoying is the shop or weekend dispatch "assigns" your truck to another driver to do a run while his truck is in for repairs, then you come back and need to do a hot load and you're in a different truck and your belongings are in your original truck 500 mi away and you never cross paths again and never get your stuff back ! ! Dang.....or,you do get your stuff back and the other driver slept in your bedding ! !

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Snowflake alert

TripleSix, ClassB, Dumdriver and 2 others Thank this.
  4. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    It's not even a good job.

5. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Yeah, but he still gets trophy for participating. :)

JC1971 Thanks this.
  6. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Whoa, Dude. Maybe my comprehension is off, but I took that part to be a joke. OP learned a hard lesson, got mad, got over it, and can now joke about the experience.

But I've said too much already. My therapist says I don't have to respond to every single comment on the internet.

7. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    You're making it a bigger deal than it has to be. It's the company's truck they can do whatever they want with it and you have to say. You can quit they'll just get a ######### to replace you and he won't take any hometime probably hit another truck trying to back but they'll just get another towel head (I have nothing against the ones that respect the truck and the road l just the ######### that think just cause they're foreigners they can get away with ####). Anywho just make sure you only leave things in the truck you're willing to lose when taking hometime.

Oh and about those thieves, I would get them back when I quit. I've heard of people leaving a turd on the seat of the truck, now I don't have to balls to do that but that's a hell of a way to quit and get that stealing ####### back LOL!

jeff18 and DAX_ Thank this.
  8. Aradrox

Aradrox Heavy Load Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Megas suck and have no respect for the driver... That's all I'll say plenty for on my mind about the subject but don't care to argue it on here.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    I tell ya...........
    Even though the OP should be a figure skater instead of a truck driver....Why in the Heck do these Mega's treat their drivers like this? I want a good non smart answer....

If the Rules are no more than 3 days off or truck is reassigned..Why aren't these drivers Notified to take their personal belongings when going on a vacation or 4 days off once they park the truck?

My goodness, Is this really how these megas operate? A Pure laughable Joke.

Tb0n3 and BigBob410 Thank this.
  10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    That is the best reason to never leave your truck at a terminal while on home time - especially your home terminal.
    Many terminals have that same policy of not more than 3 days home time.

It isn't fair, to be sure.
    Staying out longer and taking the promised days costs the company less than taking home times more frequently.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  11. DAX_

DAX_ Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Swift let's you take 4 days home time if you're gone for a month so it's not against policy

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.