Worst truck stop you have been to

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by brinkj23, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Wheeler0811

Wheeler0811 Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Madison, GA
    There is an Exxon in Cochise NM. No idea what yard stick. The guy that works the register at night sits in his car, doing meth or whatever folks do there for fun, waiting on his next victim... I mean customer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Flying J on I-81,exit 323 in Clearbrook,Virginia. That place is a friggin madhouse. They made the row of parking closest to the interstate (east side of the lot) reserve parking (no surprise,the spots were all unoccupied)and you have to worry about someone taking their 30 min in the fuel line or parking in a spot wher someone might rip the front end of your truck off. I only go there for fuel now and find somewhere else further down 81 to shutdown.

Pilot off I-65 in Birmingham,Alabama-as ghetto as ****. That city is ROUGH no matter where you go. At that truck stop you gotta worry about panhandlers banging on your truck in the middle of the night. Plus the parking is very tight.

T/A off I-65 in Montgomery,Alabama- seems like everyone that works there acts like they've got a 10 foot pole shoved sideways up their ***.

Pilot on I-84,Exit 1 in Sturbridge, Massachusetts- difficult to get in and even more difficult to get out. And that's during the summer. In the wintertime- ABANDON ALL HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE.....

Drivers, you've been warned. :eek:

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Got another one for the list:
    Pilot,I-75,Exit 20,Cleveland,TN (20 min. NE of Chattanooga)
    This is actually one of the nicer upkept Pilot travel centers(albeit small)but the last 4 times it was my designated refueling stop 3 times Murphy's Law reigned supreme:
    2nd time I was there fuel pumps malfunctioned-meaning no one could refuel
    3rd time I was there their computer system malfunctioned,rejecting fuel cards in which again,no one could refuel(unless you had cash).
    4th time i was time-ALL of the bathrooms were OUT OF SERVICE(seriously,how could all the s******* **** up at once??)!
    It's like Pilot built the place on some ancient Indian burial ground and nobody bothered to mention it.

Swiss Mountain Dog Thanks this.
  5. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Lebanon TN..
    I can tell by the dirty nasty trucks,and the dirty nasty lot,with people parked stupid everywhere..I don't think Im going inside.:dontknow:

mjd4277, chopper103in and DTP Thank this.
  6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Is that Uncle Pete's? I thought about stopping there yesterday but decided not to... is it a dump?

chopper103in Thanks this.
  7. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    Not uncle Pete's.
    Pee lot
    I knew when my GPS routed me on sr 90...I knew I should have stayed on 65?
    :clock:

HalpinUout and chopper103in Thank this.
  8. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    I believe the cheap skate owner of the browns goes to trial soon.
    Warren buffet buys into flying J and they shut down shower power?
    Coincidence?:3some:

chopper103in Thanks this.
  9. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Uncle Pete’s has great food. I live in the Nashville area and eat there a lot. Even on home time.

HalpinUout and chopper103in Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There was a small stand near a hotel and club situation in Raliegh NC north of there. It's one of the places I used for a bit of sleep off in the woods a little bit.

It started going bad when the food truck (Roach coacher...) stopped serving breakfast at sunrise for the hotel people and one invidual came up with his wife to sell me her services in my bunk.

I will not be back, it's not a formal truckstop, I can think of many bad ones but fpr a people to be really bad Raleigh was it for me. I realize its a center of medical learning and all, but such darkness cannot stand.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.