Would my battery die?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Last_over_hill, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Last_over_hill

Last_over_hill Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Hello everyone. I have a 2005 International and was just wondering if I should have any concerns about my batteries not having enough juice in the mornings. I have a tv, dcs player, cooler, and cell phone plugged in for 34 hour break. Tv uses 30 watts screen player 30 watts, cooler I'm not sure bout the wattage but It's a Coleman 44 can cooler and runs off cigarette Outlet. Cell phone is the same. Cooler would be the only thing plugged in most of the time but was wondering if I would need to worry bout the batteries. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smarttowers

smarttowers Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    New Mexico
    I would just run the truck for like 15 minutes every 12 hours or so. I believe that would probably ensure you don't kill the batteries. I think some of the trucks have low voltage shut offs on the accessory plugs.

4. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I had a Volvo with 3 batteries. The cooler would run about a day before I needed to crank it over..

All depends on your batteries also...

I agree, crank it over about every 12 hours..

Mark

5. Last_over_hill

Last_over_hill Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Will do and thanks for the help.

6. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    Yes. I had the same year model international and when I would go home, I would leave everything plugged in like the cooler. By Monday morning, I would put the charger to crank it.

So like others have said, crank it every few hours or so and you will be fine.

7. YETI1

YETI1 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2008
    kansas
    why dont you purchase a battery alarm so 1: dont prematurely kill the batteries! 2: rest easy at night knowing it will start! and you will know exactly what your voltage is!:biggrin_25524:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.