would swift hire me?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Trucker_Earl, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Rex012

Rex012 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Pretty much how it works. They're the ones who dictates who gets hired.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    All you can do is apply and find out. My thinking is that you'd have a better chance with a smaller outfit than Swift.

At a smaller outfit, you get to stride into an interview, not a number on a series of anonymous phone call from a recruiter. You can shake their hand and have a chance to make a great first impression before the ticket is on the table. I'm sure you know it was a dumb thing to do and it'd be easier to convince a person that you've turned the corner on your old habits than a mega-corporate automaton.

Just a few threads back there was a kid looking for tips about getting hired, and the thread filled up with naysayers saying all the same stuff, that insurance will never touch him, blah blah blah and he got a job right out of school. The nay Sayers moved on without acknowledging they were 100% sure and 100% wrong.

4. JD Transport

JD Transport Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Those insurance companies will be the first to go because theres still companies out there that can and will hire regardless of felony or whatever, as long as you're not a habitual trouble maker. The demand for truck drivers is only going to increase, pretty soon they'll get fed up with these stringent insurance companies and look elsewhere. I like driving truck but its not for everyone, and is becoming more unattractive to many for a number of reasons I dont even have to mention.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.