would this work? tarping question

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by allan5oh, Mar 14, 2013.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    you say the loads are 24 - 26 long. 4 - 5 feet high.

you want a 27, or 28 would be better long tarp. flaps on both sides if you can. or make it a 30 foot length then you've got enough in the make to meet in teh middle of the load. kind of like a door on both sides. make the drop 6 feet though. that way you can cover the trailer. wind is sneaking in underneath ballooning your tarps. and the load isn't getting wet. you go with 5 foot drop you have a crack between trailer and tarp. and wind WILL sneak in under the tarp.

2 rows of d rings. run regular rope through the rings and call it good.

bungee rope is more expensive. rubber might not last as long.

but not every trailer has hooks though for using rope. last company i worked for didn't have hooks. had to run rope through the rail.

26 feet won't take you long to rope at all though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Klleetrucking

Klleetrucking Medium Load Member

Dec 11, 2010
    S.C.
    You say you're just protecting the plastic wrap?

How 'bout a set of mesh/landscape tarps, really lightweight and the wind pretty much cuts through them. They can of course be ordered to the size you need.

If your shipper will accept them and you haul enough of their stuff it might be worth the envestment.

4. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Good idea.

I carry a set of mesh tarps. They are fast to put on, roll up and are fast to fasten on the load.

5. allan5oh

allan5oh Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Winnipeg, mb
    There are some guys that use those mesh tarps, but only in summer. I think mesh tarps would be going too far. The loads go 1000 miles through the upper midwest. I don't think they'd appreciate salt all over them.

That being said I'm going to pull the trigger on this, thanks everyone for the input.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.