Would you Eat this Sandwich ?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Miami Trucker, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Miami Trucker

Miami Trucker Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Miami,Fl.
    O.K.,Ladies & Gentlemen,and Boys & Girls.

Just thougth I would give you some Importatnt information, on a Certain Sandwich company, that are at Most Major Truck Stops.

Since I CANNOT get any RESPONSE from thier Corporate Place ! ( I guess they just don't CARE ! ).

So I wanted to now IF Im the ONLY Person ?, who has Observes this,while the Sandwhich is being made ?

O.K.,I Normally order a C.C. & Club.

The Problem is after the Sandwich is in The Toaster,and While WAITING,the Sandwhich maker takes His/Her hands ( where the GLOVES are on thier HANDS,that MAKES YOUR Sandwich ! ).

And Start WIPING The Sandwhich Board,and take whatever Crumbs are on the Sandwhich Board,and the Paper for the C.C sandwhich,and Shove it down te Small Garbage Shute !,and with those SAME GLOVES, that's going to FINISH MAKING YOUR SANDWICH !

Now Folks.....let me ask you : Would YOU EAT THAT SANDWHICH !

Well I have STOPPED ! going to this Certain Sandwhich Place !

I mean I'm normally an Easy going Guy,but when it comes to FOOD !....You have to draw the Line !

Let me know if this situtaion has ever happened to you ?,and if You,like me,have STOPPED going to this place !

Oh,and just to show this is NOT a Personal issue ?......I also POSTED this to let other Drivers know,so they too can be OBSERVANT how thier FOOD is being made !

Hopefully ENOUGH People will COMPLAIN to tell thier Corporate Place to send a MEMO to ALL thier STORES to STOP this practice !

And PAY ATTENTION to how they make our FOOD !

Keep on Truckin ' !

bergy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Subway uses one pair of gloves per sandwich.Once it reaches the cashier they take the gloves off and tosses the gloves and puts a new pair on for the next customer.If that person is using the toaster for another customer then uses the same gloves to make my sandwich,no doubt about it I would have said something right then and there and request a new sandwich.Chances are the maker may be leaving the gloves on for many sandwiches.But if the maker is using the same pair of gloves to make ONLY MY SANDWICH from the toaster to the vegi counter to removing the crumbs I don't see an issue with it.Just don't use the same gloves that made the sandwich before me,then we have a problem.What I like to see is them washing their hands before each customer and I will say something to the person handling the change too if they don't.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  4. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

I have seen the EXACT thing happen that Miami Trucker posted about happen in SUBWAY on more than 1 occasion , I refused the sandwich every time then asked for a newly made 1 or just left if there was a hassle

5. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    Gloves make employees lazy, and transmit more food born illnesses. Sanitation is very easy at all Quick Serve Establishments, but it must be taught...

Gloves should never be worn when cleaning, and wiping down the build table is sanitation.

Gloves make the public feel like the government did something, to protect them from lazy employees. But the employee mind set becomes, I wear gloves, so I don't need to wash my hands, or sanitize my station. And then they clean with the gloves on, maybe they remove the gloves, and reach into the box, grabbing new gloves, transferring any bacteria on their hands to the new gloves, and to your food.

Or the thing I see now, that really irks me, the person takes off their gloves, moves to the register, takes your money, squirts some sanitizer solution on their hands and put another set of gloves on...then when their hands get raw from the alcohol, they skip the sanitizer, and just put on a new set of gloves...

I am glad that I ate dirt as a child and have a strong immune system.

crb Thanks this.
  6. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I would be much more concerned with the "sandwich artists" that have any # of communicable diseases (tuberculosis, ebola, pneumonia, hepatitis, etc) Shall I go on? At least you can see the virus put on your sandwich in this scenario. Same with Waffle House. It's the ones you can't see that might bother me more. If you don't like how sausage is made, don't eat it....

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  7. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I think they should wear face masks at Subway. Some of them have very little teeth and just waiting to see one fly out of one of the "artist's" mouths. Then again, they are "Sandwich Artists". Not dental hygiene experts....

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I won't eat at a place if the employees have bad hygiene and sadly enough u find that a lot inside truckstops ,that says a lot about the food they serve and how its prepared.Its been yrs since I had a sitdown in a trkstop.

9. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Thinking back....you youngsters won't understand this....we weren't really worried about "all the germs" back in the day! Is there dirt in playgrounds any more? NO! Special manufactured soft fluffy stuff so the kiddies don't scrape their knees. Ever hear about the 5 second rule....food hits the ground and is there less than 5 seconds...YOU PICK IT UP AND EAT IT! Too much sterilization in everything today...too many chemicals and preservatives...and one wonders why we have all these ailments we didn't have before!

GROW A PAIR and EAT SOME DIRT....IT JUST MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE!:biggrin_25513:

10. bergy

bergy Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Now think about the drink. It is usually the person who takes the money who gets your drink for you. We all know how dirty money is. Imagine how many different people's snot and fecal matter etc is on that money! They take your money and put it with the rest. Then they grab your cup and fill it. Put a lid on it. Grab it again in the same place you will touch and hand it to you. You eat your sandwich, and go back and forth with your bare hands between all the money germs and your sandwich.

You may as well put all the pennies from the register right into your mouth, or go lick everybody's wallet in the place.

I think I've spent too much time on this, because I rarely will eat out anymore. I'd rather make it myself.

11. BobcatVolvo

BobcatVolvo Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Western Ohio
    You're not going to live a germ-free life, so decide if these little things are worth your time and energy, or move into a space suit and giant plastic bubble. Being exposed to germs makes you healthier in the long run. I'm not a Subway fan, mostly because I can buy all the ingredients and make better sammich for a lot less; plus, I'd rather live in blissful ignorance of what goes on when they make my food. I'm also sure the process of making all that lunch meat isn't the most sanitary to begin with.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.