Would you participate?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Kozakvod, May 13, 2019.

1. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Poster has not commented lately ??? Wonder why ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kozakvod

Kozakvod Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Because Im working. And I am reading others comments. And why do you care one way or another whether I post something or not?

You seem oddly (in a weird way) consumed with me. Don’t take offense but you’re freaking me out just a bit.

4. The3SomeTrailer

The3SomeTrailer Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2018
    The fact is, the broker does NOT set the price, the market does. This is how economics works.

If a broker posted a load of cars for a nickel a mile, is he doing any harm, or good, to the industry? No. Of course not. They are doing a disservice to their client by giving them false hope that the load will move at that rate...but that's it. It isn't going to move at that rate.

Educate yourself. Anytime you blame an entire group of people you're wrong. Judge people by their individual actions.

I broker loads. Never had a complaint. I have had requests for more money, which if it was possible, and the client accepted it, it was granted. If the client denied it, either their car didnt move, or someone eventually agreed to do it for the original price. Am I a bad broker because I didn't force the client to pay more? No. Of course not. The role of a broker is to allow 2 parties to make a deal that is mutually beneficial.

If you're blanket blaming brokers universally, I am willing to bet your business plan is laughable.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2019
    Reason for edit: Political statement.
    joshlilou Thanks this.
  5. Kozakvod

Jan 24, 2013

You missed the point of the entire post. NOT blaming ALL brokers for cheap units. There are “certain” brokers that notoriously push cheap prices. It’s those brokers I speak of.

And what does ANY OF THIS have to do with political affiliation? And for the record, Ive been voting republican since 1980. And as far as biz plans...assumption is the mother of all _____.

I love how the “brokers” on a car hauler form yell the loudest when anyone discusses prices.

And if you get a load from a customer for a $1000 and the post it for $300, you are exactly the person im speaking too. If you don’t do that then obviously Im not speaking to you.

Good day.

6. The3SomeTrailer

Dec 25, 2018
    Funny how I am the one "missing the point" after that reply....

You still cling to the idea that brokers set the prices AND/OR control the market - I have learned that even with a hammer, one cannot smash something like economics into the brain of someone like you over the internet.

My favorite part was calling out my political portion of my comment, and then go on to say "I love how the “brokers” on a car hauler form[um] yell the loudest when anyone discusses prices" (one of the most common political tactic references)...I guess reading comprehension AND economics weren't your strong points in school.

I own my own trucks. I also carry a brokers license. It is part of my **SUCCESSFUL** business model...(and here comes the most important part if you ignore everything else)...because if you own a business, work, are employed, contract, whatever...and it isn't working out; 99.99% of the time, there is nobody to blame but yourself.

And just for ishes and giggles, to address that "$1,000 from a client for a load, post it for $300, those are the brokers I am talking about" - what about them? What EXACTLY do you want to see happen there? If a carrier accepted the load for $300 and the broker made $700 for his role, it is what it is. I realized after reading your posts you simply cannot digest this concept. Why are YOU telling someone else how much money is TOO MUCH for them to make. The only decision you get to make in the real world is if you want to take that load for $300 or not. What kind of MAN bitxhes about how much money someone else makes? I have brokered loads where I only made $20 per unit. I've brokered others where I made $750 for a single unit. The time and effort I knew I had to put into it, getting permits and documents prepared justified it. And my client in that particular situation was aware of the breakdown of costs and is one of my oldest and longest lasting. And the carrier who had the rig to pull the load has not only pulled many more from me, I would venture to say they consider me more than an acquaintance, possibly a friend.

Learn economics. Stop whining. Move more cars. Learn better logistics. Educate yourself.

Or don't.

I don't see you taking my advice, nor being around this business much longer anyway if you can't evolve and grow, or, at the least, understanding the industry you are a part of.....for now.

7. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    It's unbelievable how how a simple topic evolves into political affiliation. Says a ton about a persons character .

8. Kozakvod

Jan 24, 2013
    I should have looked at your avatar cause if I had I wouldn’t even acknowledge you. You obviously have some very sick and twisted pleasures and you need serious help!

9. Kozakvod

Jan 24, 2013
    That guy has some serious issues.

10. Kozakvod

Jan 24, 2013
    There are two sides to this coin.

Side one, carrier accepts a cheap car/load.
    Side two, broker advertises a cheap car/load.

The carrier is a fool to work for peanuts. The broker is equally complicit in that they made a conscience decision to put up a cheap car/load.

THIS THREAD speaks nothing to what a carrier's responsibility is to freight prices, and yes they are responsible, I've never said they weren't. This is a prime example of the chicken and the egg. One person can say it's the carrier's fault for accepting the cheap car/load. Another will say it's the broker's fault because they put that price out there. They could've put whatever price they wanted, but they chose that price, whatever that price may be. Fact is that both statements are true.

Every carrier on this form knows there are certain brokers that are notorious for cheap freight. That's a fact. And a couple of users here have chosen to be insulting and throw around innuendos simply because they somehow think they're qualified to do so. Sane, intelligent, ADULT debate I guess is a thing of the past. This has NOTHING to do with someone's political ideas. There are many other places to discuss those, go there to do it, not here.

That said, for ANYONE that may have offended in ANY WAY with this thread...I do apologize. I still believe that brokers hold a level of reasonable responsibility to price. They can choose $0.20/mile or $0.55/mile. And if they're selling a customer a cheap rate and then passing it off to the carrier, who's first at fault? Who pushed the ball down the hill?

I consistently seek ongoing relationships with buyers working directly with them, we all should. And I work with brokers who realize the value of a good carrier and are willing to pay for quality service. And if you're not doing so for yourself and your business, I think you're making a grave mistake.

Have a good day. Stay safe.

11. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    I'm not sure I understand why a Broker would promulgate cheap freight since
    I'm not sure why a Broker would promulgate cheap freight, as they earn their living by receiving a portion of the freight bill.

12. The3SomeTrailer

Dec 25, 2018
    How is my avatar pic relevant?? Are you 10?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.