Would you pick up this load?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Scvready, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Numbnuts69

Numbnuts69 Light Load Member

May 25, 2018
    A 70 lb. pit bull helps. If he doesn't take a dump somewhere on that property,I will. If they have a restroom I will not give a courtesy flush. Let it marinate.

Call_Me_The_Breeze and Scvready Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Be as annoying as possible and interrupt their work as much as possible. That or just take it back where it came from and let them know they refused to take it.

Never mind about taking it back. Since it's a pickup. Just GTFO.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Yes you should not have taken it.

IT don't matter what the customer pays, it is what you get paid.

If this is a brokered load, then that's on the broker if they want you to haul it.

If this is a company load, the company should step up and pay your detent time.

ZVar, Scvready and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  5. lastgoodusername

lastgoodusername Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    central NC
    Just leave, go down the street somewhere and take a nap. Trust me, your phone will ring.

6. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Wait!! You get paid for detention?! In that case my elementary and Jr high owes me a whole lotta money!!:D

Hulld, Shaggy, shogun and 6 others Thank this.
  7. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Drop the trailer across the entrance / exit road and leave.

Call_Me_The_Breeze Thanks this.
  8. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Best. Video. EVAR.

9. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Customer Pays No Detention.JPG
    And the moment I saw that... I'd have called the broker/ customer and crumpled a piece of paper near the phone, saying, "You know what that is? The sound of your rate-con going in the trash can."

Emgee Thanks this.
  10. Emgee

Emgee Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Appointment Sunday 8:00 - Sunday 16:00 and the NO DETENTION PAY should have been massive red flags

longbedGTs Thanks this.
  11. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I once had to deal with a jack-ss yard dog who'd blocked my outbound in with empties and refused to move them. Even though I was asking nicely despite being soaked in a thunderstorm, he let me sit four hours waiting for dispatch to resolve situation. He further irritated me by saying Fleetmaster drivers couldn't drive. I told him to remember he said that, because payback is a b-tch, and he would soon be eating those words. I had a weekly inbound to pick up my load home for the weekend. From then on, I'd drop each inbound nose-to-nose with another loaded trailer as close as I could get it. First pic is of the outbound blocked in with empties, and how I dropped the next inbound. You can see the rainwater coming down the trailer sides like a waterfall, and I was walking around for about thirty minutes trying to figure out if I could get it out by moving something else. Second pic is bird's-eye view of the receiver and where I dropped it. If there hadn't been another trailer off the left side of my nose, I'd have jacked it in there even closer.
    Yard Dog Smart Ass 2.JPG
    Yard Dog Smart-Ass 2.JPG

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.