woundering

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by spark, Oct 11, 2013.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I ain't got time to bleed. Where's Jesse Ventura when you need him?

What I really want to know is how did you find out I knew it all? Even I didn't know that. We see it everyday...someone jumping all in to something they know nothing about. What happens? A kid I knew in middle school went to visit friends who lived in an apartment complex. They had access to a pool. This kid did a beautiful swan dive into the shallow end of the pool, crushed his skull at the base. What do you call the kid who jumps into the shallow end of the pool without checking? Stupid?

I know, I should have more compassion, right?

When the ambulance shows up, they see meat. When the cops show up to write reports, they just see another stupid dead kid.

Cluck mentioned to OP not to jump into the JD and Kubota pool because it is not very deep. How does Cluck know that pool isn't deep? Every day of the week, I see drivers losing everything because they jumped all in to something they know nothing about. OP is planning to buy all of his own equipment and sign a contract with John Deere? That pool isn't deep at all. If John Deere is your bread and butter, you're going to be extremely malnourished. What do you call someone whose willing to bet the house on John Deere freight? TMC and Rinauldo sends their drivers in, gobble this stuff up, and deadhead them all the way back to get another load. There ain't a one of us that can match that. Imagine grabbing a load out of Waterloo, dropping it in VeroBeach,Florida and bouncing all the way back to Waterloo.

This is when you tell me that he could get something off the load boards, "to get to a better location", right? Ask around and see how that would work out for him. That's a stupid plan too.

Sleepy68 and Logan76 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Off-n-on

Off-n-on Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Phila, PA
    I don't know why that's in there. I didn't write that. I wrote the one before that on page 2. Someone has to have hacked my account or something

4. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    One more thing, I seem to remember Keen, Warren, TMC, and Maverick having financial troubles in 09. It's that old 'eggs in one basket' thing.

5. Off-n-on

Off-n-on Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Phila, PA
    Most if not all self made millionaires start with an idea. They go thru lots of " failures" and rough times. They learn by their mistakes. No one is going to need an ambulance because he simply has an idea for himself. He'll learn by doing. He might fall a few times but if he has the drive and perseverance he'll make it in the long run. He's not saying he's going out and buying anything yet. He's just asking for info.

6. Cluck Cluck

Cluck Cluck LTL Wizard

May 6, 2010
    Dunkirk, Indiana
    Off the top of my head you got
    TMC
    Daily
    Western Express
    Hunt
    Mid Seven
    DRP
    Tennant
    Rinauldo
    Wagner
    not to mention the countless Canadian companies fighting over JD. I say no thank you

Sleepy68 Thanks this.
  7. Cluck Cluck

Cluck Cluck LTL Wizard

May 6, 2010
    Dunkirk, Indiana
    Warren
    ATS
    EW Wylie

Sleepy68 Thanks this.
  8. Cluck Cluck

Cluck Cluck LTL Wizard

May 6, 2010
    Dunkirk, Indiana
    Roehl
    Landstar
    Mercer
    Sammons
    Earl Henderson
    Also
    Swift
    Werner
    Schneider
    JB Hunt
    and even John Christner are putting money into Specialized equipment

Sleepy68 Thanks this.
  9. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
  10. Cluck Cluck

Cluck Cluck LTL Wizard

May 6, 2010
    Dunkirk, Indiana
    I just know when I go fishing, I don't go where every one else is

G/MAN, Logan76 and Sleepy68 Thank this.
  11. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    You want to know how to get into hauling for John Deere and Kabota? Same as how everybody else did it, cut the rate.

Cluck Cluck, lester, Sleepy68 and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.