Wow, Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by Kaonix, Jul 25, 2008.

1. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    AMAZING!!!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kaonix

Kaonix Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2008
    In my, Truck
    Wow. Ask a simple question about the rules and be completely insulted and flamed. Awesome. I'll keep that in mind next time I have a question about reading the rules. In addition, the question was answered and I accepted the answer and left the subject alone and still had to be insulted. Nice. I didn't get "pissed off" that posting a link to my homepage, I asked why. Simple question. I was answered that the site gets spammed and left it alone.

And as far as the inquiry into my computer knowledge, which has no place neither here nor there, yeah, I know how to search for a string in a file with in Linux, in other words "grep". Yeah, I've compiled my own 2.6 kernel running on my network server and run a hand compiled Linux router on a 500mhz intel machine using IPTables. .htaccess files...c'mon at least gimme a challenge. I'm not a truck driver, I run a trucking business. Don't assume you know everything about everybody.

I in no way meant to offend anyone with my question as it was just that, a question. Don't worry. Won't happen again.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  4. WiseOne

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    NP, Kaonix...it is just hard having our rules used to slap us in the face...sure you asked a question, but it was FAR from an innocent question and you know it. I think we can ALL agree it was DRIPPING with sarcasm. THAT is the reason we got so fire up is all. And..."Wow, Forum Rules," is hardly considered a question, more like a mocking to me when I see that. That would be like me going to your site and posting, "wow, crappy design," or whatever then saying darn was just asking a question...I will leave this alone now as well, just trying to explain our feelings...

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I don't have to assume anything, you put it out there for all of us to see.

6. Kaonix

Kaonix Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2008
    In my, Truck
    Whatever you say. I'm not gonna bicker with you. You're smarter than me. You got it.

7. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

8. WiseOne

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Mods, please leave post above, Peanut Butter said he couldn't post so I proved he can...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.