wow if only more receivers handled problems this way .

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by bzinger, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    I had one guy who unloaded me on the street at a little mom and pop home improvement store in Brooklyn hand me a $20 bill after unloading me. Said it was for some breakfast. Was the nicest surprise after an unload I had in a long time, and in NYC to boot. Heh...

Name of the place was Jamaica Building Material, found it on google maps here.

Flipflops Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    That's even more rare..or is it rarer...don't know.

4. Flipflops

Flipflops Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    I hate the laredo and McAllen guys that say "there's 3 trucks in front of you, might have to wait an hour", but truth is it will be 8+hours.

thejackal Thanks this.
  5. thejackal

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    U nailed it, flipflops.

Flipflops Thanks this.
  6. Flipflops

Flipflops Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    The big problem about them is this:

"Yeah go in there around 3-4, your load is ready".. One may rush to get there. Gets told "yeah we have it but there are 3 guys in front of you so it will take an hour and a half, give us your phone number, we'll call you "...

What happens? You're not going to go to sleep for an hour and a half, you're going to sit there waiting and saying to yourself "it's been 3 hours, any minute they should call".. It's 7 pm by now. You go inside to a big line, it's 7:55 pm by now, and suddenly no one knows you were there. Now it's 8:30 and soon as "these two guys are done you're next"... 9:45 you're at the dock, 11:30 you're called in for paper work, multiple signatures etc, seal and it's 12:15 and you literally stayed up ALL day, now you have no where to park and are behind original schedule, and if you don't have food with you in the truck, you're hungry but in a hurry, dirty and sweaty, chewing up a hot dog.

Yeahhhh!!!!!!! Last time I was in that situation at 5:30 I canceled the load. The broker told me "oh man I'll pay extra $150, you're not going to find anything right now either way"... Something told me I would. I guess another guy like me 3 blocks away canceled, and I got a phone call paying more than the load I canceled, and I hope that driver took te load I canceled for good money.

Raezzor and thejackal Thank this.
  7. thejackal

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Awesome. And u know the original load and broker that sold it to ya knew about the wait time.

Good for u.

Flipflops Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.