Wow just WOW

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by JonJon78, Dec 27, 2019.

1. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    You're assuming that drivers will have a CB to be able to warn other drivers

Bud A. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Actually, I'm assuming there's very little common sense anymore....

Back in the day, every driver from miles around would have known about that wreck way before they got to it, as most, if not all, had there ears on, but then again, most drivers back then also had the common sense to slow it down in bad conditions....

DougA, stayinback, drvrtech77 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Hence the phrasing "probably would've" heard

stillwurkin and JC1971 Thank this.
  5. allniter

allniter Medium Load Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I 10 FL exit 70
    I hope the cop in charge of the accident scene gets his ### reamed out good! I agree with rolls c, flares should have been put out immediately! Flares should also be in all commercial vehicles & wreckers! The triangles we use now are worthless, they get blown over by passing traffic, &or ran over. A flare in the fog, snow or low visibility catches your attention.

At 0.3 or so the cop is waving at the pu pulling the trlr to MOVE NOW!! At 0.10 sees the traffic coming too fast & gestures as if to say "oh #### here comes some more idiots".
    A couple yrs ago I considered going back otr, watching these accidents caught on tape changed my mind to NO WAY. I had 20 good yrs otr why push my luck I go back. If I didnt die b/c of bad drivers my bp would go back to the 170s' as it was my last yrs otr.

TokyoJoe, rolls canardly and Bud A. Thank this.
  6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    You do not always want to use a flare. Way back there on the Sabine river bridge on I-10, there was a wreck, it had been there for a while when the gas from a car finally got down the where someone had put out a flare, a lady died when it ignited the gas and went back up the hill to her car, and they hadn't got her out yet. I carry flares, but be careful where you use them.
    My old freightliner has three flare holders on the wall behind the passenger seat, I assume it came with them.

Bud A., Cabinover101 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    The local PD where I hail from has switched over from flares to reusable red LED strobes. Equally effective IMHO

Bud A., drvrtech77 and Cabinover101 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.