wow this sucks

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by beezle, Sep 8, 2007.

1. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I feel for ya, Millis did me like that back in '94 when I started out....stick with it and try to do the best you can with time under your belt things will get better..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Nothing like digging up an old corpse to beat a dead horse! :biggrin_25523:

kajidono Thanks this.
  4. big wheels

big wheels Medium Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    Some companies will hire with 6 months. Like may trucking (otr). Around my area for local drivers I mainly hear two years. If you live around some kind of farms you may have a chance.I've no idea about the pay. don't give up.:biggrin_25513:

5. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan
    This thread is so old i thought it was a new one.. :)

73 FJ40 Thanks this.
  6. txboy10

txboy10 Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Plano, TX
    haven't been in your shoes yet, but it seems like you are very surprised?? maybe it's different once you get out there, but you had to know you will be gone a lot.

7. Team Evans

Team Evans Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Jonesborough,TN
    well driving a truck is not just a job its a lifestyle,, its not for everyone and its not easy especially when you are new to it.. also most dispatchers test drivers early on to see how they are..dont let them break you.. and dont let them walk all over you either. if you do leave give 2 weeks notice and make sure you turn in truck don't abandon truck or you will never get another good job.

8. Buster

Buster Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Kingston NY
    If you have a chance for a local job If I were you I would take it. I have never been OTR. I do once and a while have to sleep in my bunk, but hardly never. You'll be home every nite with the family, you wont have the expence of food and other items. But like Team Evans said, give planty of notice, clean the truck up nice, be polite about it and I would think you'll be fine.

9. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO

Luvintruckin:
    Look at the top left corner of a post. See the date? Quit trolling the posts and dredging up old stuff! It's been almost 2 years since the last post to this thread! And I bet he's way onto something new! ROFLMAO!

10. big wheels

big wheels Medium Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    florida-USA
    For me infomation is never old. As new trucker that come in ask question about a topic. There is alot of member are very quick to point out the search button. Than once you find a topic and respond with a question and it get answered. the thread is not dead. I just saying us non medium load members still have question. But we do Thank you for pointing out a date. But there is alot of us who read for infomation. A infomation forum.:biggrin_25526:

Fratsit and southernpride Thank this.
  11. 94nole

94nole Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2007
    JAX, FL
    Hey Danc,

Expand on that thought...your knowledge that would make it better now than it was then.

Thanks
    Nole

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.