wtf happened here?

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by MrReactor, Aug 26, 2016.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Stupid car. Really stupid.

Driver was good and fast with horsing his rig around stupid car. I was caught short watching this thing... amazing what people do to put themselves into a greater danger thinking they are avoiding.

Straight truck losing his steer could have stayed off his brake. I usually do when I lose any tire in any position. She'll settle down and we will see about taking a look see on the shoulder. But jamming and panic like that simply dragged the straight truck too far left.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Could've been tragic their were kids standing close by .. Great save by truck driver

4. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Erm, the car was in the left lane at the start. The car cut over into the cammer's lane, and then stopped. Just exactly how was he overdriving his following distance?

5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Absolutely correct. You can see the steer tire blow like a shaped charge, a narrow cone of white smoke to the left. The moment he touched his brakes he lost control. You MUST have an instinct to got ON THE THROTTLE instead of the brakes in order to counteract the hard pull in the direction of the blowout.

This driver was lucky not to have killed himself or anyone else.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...YrAt8RMnOdBdrO5yA&sig2=z_alXgxcRN6zYuHjofcs7w

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Swerving like that? Are you kidding me?

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Same thing I'm wondering.

He wasn't following anyone. When you come over all pf a sudden and stop in front of a truck like that you are tempting fate, and that should be easily proven in court, especially if the KW had a load on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.