x chains

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by ford06, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    I've got a whole box of copies at work. So I'm good.

DDlighttruck Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    For what it's worth I would say no. Here's why. I used to work at a company that hauled stone in wire baskets. From Colorado to Missouri. We would x strap the front and rear row with two straps. Over the top of one side and around the front of the other side and vice versa. Did that for years until one driver go put out of service for it. The scalemaster in Bloomsdale, Mo said that only counts as one strap since only one strap on each side is pulling down. Take it for what it's worth.

TripleSix and cke Thank this.
  4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I've always looked at the two straps as a means to keep the front from twisting from under one strap, and xing the front would be even better. I suppose everyone can have their own interpretation.

5. kylefitzy

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I personally just use one chain across the front. The ones one side will keep it from twisting sideways. IMO.

Attached Files:

6. ford06

ford06 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2017
    in the pic u have achain over a strap thought that was a no no ut u can have a strap over a chain i could be wrong

7. kylefitzy

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I would have to say you're wrong. Not against the law in any way. Not harming any thing here infact the chain is only snug at best. It's just there to stop forward movement before it really gets started.

ford06 Thanks this.
  8. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I had a friendly Pennsylvania dot officer show me in the book where it says that, but I've long forgot where it is. He called it a penalty strap for no headboard blocking forward movement.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.