XM receiver

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by Bumper, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I'm going to be moving into a 5700XE within the next two weeks. I see that the radio is mounted under the CB unit and above the dash. How are you guys connecting your XM receivers to it without running a cable up to the radio? I didn't notice if there is an Aux input on the dash.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Well I found a usb power cable for the xm unit on Amazon. Will be waiting when I get home this week. Supposedly it will allow the xm to play through the usb setting on the factory radio.

We shall see.

4. RocketyMan

RocketyMan Medium Load Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I know that you probably spent $150k + on your new star, but don't expect much of the radio, FYI. The pana-pacific radios are very cheap. If it gives you much grief, it might be worth the investment of installing a new aftermarket radio. Like a Pioneer or something to your liking.

Bumper Thanks this.
  5. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Yeah, the factory radios suck. Pulled all my factory crap out and installed an entire Alpine system with a Boston Acoustics 12" sub. Sounds bad ### now!

6. RocketyMan

RocketyMan Medium Load Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Yup! That's the way to do it!

7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Some of those Delphi radios has xm built in.

8. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    My 5700 is a company truck so I am trying to keep any personal investment down. However, I did get a USB power cable for the XM unit. So I power it off of the radio USB jack. I mounted the xm on a disc next to the cb radio speaker and I ran the antenna wire through the hole for the air horn cable and through the upper storage bins. So far is working great.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.