Xtra lease trailers???

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Collord216, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Collord216

Collord216 Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Reno, Nevada
    Up north west here and I've seen quite a few knight trucks, not owner ops or lease trucks with xtra lease trailers.. What's up with that?

2. gow916

gow916 Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I would imagine lack of trailers in that area...

3. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Tehachapi, CA
    From what im understanding there is a ton of freight picking up right now for companies and lack of trailers, trucks, drivers......
    I work for Swift and heard from a few that we have been short on trailers too, I know I have been getting plenty of loads keeping me busy.

4. Collord216

Apr 22, 2013
    Reno, Nevada
  5. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Knight doesn't have enough trailers out there. Their ratio should be for every one truck should be three trailers. Sadly not the case. Also there are many vendors that require a specific trailer pool. So you go somewhere to do d & hk, the stays the same. You bobtail in, the pool goes down a trailer, next driver goes in and the load is not ready. Also knight sells their trailers after about 8-10 years. So right now they are collecting all the 61... and early 62... trailers.

6. Collord216

Apr 22, 2013
    Reno, Nevada
    Well I landed myself an xtra lease. Came from amazon.com boy these trailers are nice! Instead of a bar to pull for sliding tandems you press a button and it actuated by air, took me a few minutes to figure out lol, all l.e.d lighting. These are nice

7. XTRATRUCKING

XTRATRUCKING Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2017

They are super nice! They have their own spec. Galvinized everywhere, side skirts, low rolling resistant tires on all new vans. Plus now they've outfitted all their trailers with a new tracking device. Can't remember the name but they are definitely the Cadillac of trailers.

• Draft saved Draft deleted