YANKEE FREIGHT SYSTEMS Alsip IL - DO NOT WORK FOR THEM

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by AJ Trans, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Are you sure about that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stajnajn

Stajnajn Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2015
    Chicago
    100% sure why?

4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    White Dog is the resident skeptic.

Broke Down 69 and slim shady Thank this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I'm skeptical also. Mostly the "if you know paper logs" part. That tells me they expect the driver to log illegally.
    Also the weasel words of "no way, but if you did..." If there is no way he didn't. No other option.

Broke Down 69 and mjd4277 Thank this.
  6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    It's another Chicago outfit probably doing the 1099 BS. That's all I needed to know.

7. Stajnajn

Stajnajn Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2015
    Chicago
    I was just looking for the company safety score and it was like the 3rd post on google. It suprised me when I saw "do not drive for them".
    Well I said no way also because the post was started in December so it's hard for me to believe that in that month he had 2k miles a week. If it was January or February then maybe because those were slow months.
    Anyway I just wanted to say that I never had any problems with them. And it is always good to hear about something from more people and not judging from only one person.

8. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Yes it is...and we appreciate it.
    If you're having a good experience with them....more power to you.
    I'm not the only "skeptic" around here...we tend to get a lot of company office staff that pop in and attempt damage control on their companies by simply doing a Google search on their company name.....and a lot of them pretend to be a "happy driver".

9. Stajnajn

Stajnajn Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2015
    Chicago
    Yeah that is also true. As far as 1099 and w2's I'm not sure, I work on 1099 and it is fine by me. I also like driving on paper logs, I can't imagine being in situation where I'm coming back home and I'm like 2-3 hours away and I need to make 34 hour break... I have a feeling that I would rip it off and throw it away when elogs became mandatory and that happens to me .
    For me the most important thing in every company is the dispatch, if you are happy with the miles, rates and communication other little things that maybe you don't like so much become less important and you kinda go over them.

10. Rick25

Rick25 Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Huntsville, Alabama
    I'm driving for Yankee Freight Systems out of Alsip presently, last couple weeks.
    I've changed carriers probably 20x trying to get out of OTR an always come back. So I'm trying to find somewhere an clear my own job history up.
    With that said, trucks are elog throught Samsung tablets, 70-75 mph trucks, fuel when an where you want (pilot or TA). No rounting. They text message a copy of broker rate sheet over an you don't have to check in with them. Just talk to brokers. There is only 1 dispatcher in Alsip. They are mostly a Russian company so alittle language barrier. I've already done 5 runs in less than 2 weeks an have another 1400 mile run to start tomorrow. Unless it's new owners nowadays, there is no truth to OP's post. Thought I would update this old post, because nowadays Yankee Freight is a pretty good company.
    It is 1099 without benefits. Personally, I am driving for an owner operator who is a driver too so that could also be why I'm having a good experience.

11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    1099,paper logs,out of Alsip and with Russians running the place?? Well that doesn’t sound suspicious...:rolleyes:
    Sign me up!!:confused3:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.