Yea, that's right, another mew guy. :P

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by EdBud, Aug 21, 2013.

1. EdBud

EdBud Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2013
    NE, Illinois
    Hey, everyone, I'm Ed.

Stats: 45, marred (twice to my Guardian Angel), one kid (a beautiful daughter), one dog (sable GSD), one cat (rescued siamese mix).

I've done plenty; auto & lt. truck mechanic, machinist, warehouse, various retail, security, pizza delivery, restaurant management. Gonna do this trucking thing because after getting my Associates Degree in Restaurant Management. . . the economy took a dump. I've always wanted to try driving a tractor-trailer 'cause I'm an accomplished driver, not ever having an 'at fault' accident in almost 30 years AND trully enjoying driving anything. Having been in cars (street, autocross, sports & race), trucks (of all sizes), vans, motorcycles, ATV's, etc., I thought learning to pilot an 18 wheeler and make it my job 'sounded like a plan'.

I've been reading and researching all aspects of this industry and feel that my past experiences and management schooling will make me a good candidate for the position. I trained at Eagle Training Services in Lake in the Hills, Il and they are the best. They went over soooo much, and since I'm mechanically inclined I was able to digest it all handily. I'm eternally grateful to Steve, Jeff, Jennifer, Randy & the instructors that came in from Lake County for all they did.

I go for a Road Test and 1st Interview on Monday the 26th with Marvin Keller out of Sullivan, Il. They were on a very short list of companies I would prefer to drive for. I would REALLY like to have Averitt Express call me back, but I feel, from emails, that they're gonna sit on my app.

Wish me luck, thanks for all of the info and thanks in advance for all the help as I go along the road.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Good luck, I once inquired at M keller
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

4. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Welcome to the party!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.