Yearly salary

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by dtkehler, Oct 30, 2012.

1. dtkehler

dtkehler Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2012
    got Pre hire today.Does any one out there with central right now.What is the average or top yearly salary.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cyn1123

cyn1123 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Cartersville, GA
    good question, i also would like to know, what the rough estimate is. i got pre hire weeks back, im scheduled in Conley end of month

4. Tony_N

Tony_N Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Warner Robins, GA
    we will be paid .28cents a mile for OTR driving for hauls 300+ miles which will more than likely be most hauls we do. avg of about 2000miles a week for new drivers from what i'm told. which is only about 30k a year, but odds are you will drive more than that once used to driving and your pay increases some for other things like time, bonus for being on-time for quarter and other things.

5. NYROADIE

NYROADIE Heavy Load Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY
    .28CPM!!:biggrin_25521: For that I'm sure you'll get all the CHEAP miles that you can handle!
    Why WHY would you agree to such a low beginning wage? I can see it if ya got a felony two accident, and a few tickets but most people can do MUCH better. SHOP AROUND!

Marky84 Thanks this.
  6. Tony_N

Tony_N Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Warner Robins, GA
    I've been shopping around some, but they provide the training for my CDL, and i don't have to repay the tuition due to a special they have going right now. Honestly its more than i'm making right now and from what i've read and from some of my friends that work for Central as Owner Ops, it was worth it :)

7. urgefan77

urgefan77 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Why WHY would you agree to such a low beginning wage? I can see it if ya got a felony two accident, and a few tickets but most people can do MUCH better. SHOP AROUND![/QUOTE]

Shopping around without a CDL class A License & 0 experience, leaves very few choices...

8. Longboardrick

Longboardrick Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Warner Robins, GA
    * 8¢ in each per mile rate is per diem, which is not taxed. Your take home pay is approximately 2¢ more per mile at each rate.

I found this statement at the bottom of the payscale on the website. Ok, does anybody know how this will affect your income taxes for the year? Also, If your taking home 2cpm more, why not just include it on the payscale? I'm sure there is some advantage to the company, but I aint no accountant.

123456 Thanks this.
  9. JaCk ThE TrIpPeR

JaCk ThE TrIpPeR Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Chicago & Tennessee
    Factor in food and road living expenses and it gets really tight. Get your CDL with central and the experience.....Then move on. Its what happens with most people anyway.

If you have bills it will be hard. This company, like most training companies want you to lease. Thats where you will see miles and money.....and possibly Debt if things go wrong.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.