Yellow Freight closure thread

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by ColoradoLinehaul, Jun 26, 2023.

1. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I think we passed that point years ago

dwells40, mpow66m and Rugerfan Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rbrtwbstr

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

I'm sure I may ruffle some feathers, and don't take it the wrong way, but as a millennial, I blame the baby boomers for this lunacy. I mean, they are the ones that have been in control pretty much my whole life. All the decisions they made were to benefit them and their friends. They literally made some of the greatest inventions known to man, mostly in the name of reducing how hard they must work. The policies they enacted in government were to enable them and their parents to have a government backed retirement. (Social Security)
    Then along comes the younger Boomers who saw all the wealth and raided the cookie jar in ways unimaginable. And now the millennials and those after us must figure out a way to fix this while giving the boomers what they signed up (or voted ) for.

But us millennials are the problem we're told.....SMH

4. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    You kids don't wanna WORK (for the peanuts we're offering).

They never say that last part.

5. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    But to offer a counterpoint.

We have been hiring kids from driving school at Brown, and the number of unanswered work calls they make is SHOCKING.

I would have been FIRED.

So...some kids really DON'T wanna work, even at a job where you'll eventually make an easy six figures.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  6. rbrtwbstr

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Yeah, I know that is a definite problem. Can't argue that.

I read something once about the idea of the 'Me' generation. I dunno where they fit in but I think it was a thing in the late 70's and 80's. They allegedly graduated college expecting to make top dollar right away, and skipping the idea of working your way up the ladder, so to speak. Which, if true, would theoretically mean their offspring are hitting the workforce now. And if these young ones have their parents mentality, well, you're seeing it in real time.

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Wait a minute, Late 70's to the mid 80's that's my generation! Generation X, the forgotten ones. The latchkey kids. We just don't GAF anymore. You millenials and gen Z's take everything over, your problem you fix it. Hahaha!!

8. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Cool I’m sure I’m categorized a boomer
    So of course as a 45+ year driver...according to all you newer wannabe drivers me..& my generation are the reason YOU have all these rules...slogs...slow trucks
    Now we’ve stolen all your $$$ and future with our selfish monetary decisions
    Like feeding clothing and housin you kids....Many most of us taken forced senior trips to faraway lands so y’all still be free to whine...Got the voting age lowered to 18 so you could vote...which most of y’all don’t do
    And then y’all have the nerve to say we’re cranky and not helpful

Siinman, Oxbow and bzinger Thank this.
  9. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I'm still trying to figure out why I pay what I pay into taxes yet barely get back 1k a year. How you pay in 20k+and either break even or get back barely 1k?

10. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    what have you done for us lately?

11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    2017 tax law.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.