Yellow Roadway Merger?

Discussion in 'YRC' started by latanea, Sep 8, 2008.

1. ChuckMcD

ChuckMcD Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Kansas City, Kansas
    The reason listed above is why we have to organize those companies. Conway, Fed x Freight, Fed X National, Swift, UPS Freight, Saia, the Intermodal Industry, Central Transport, Central Freight, Old Dominion, Nebraska Transport, Super Van, Dayton Freight lines. They need the hook up folks. Unions!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MagicRyno

MagicRyno Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    local drivers are being laid off everywhere, regardless of union affiliation.
    central, saia and smaller local LTL ops here in vegas all have some layoff.
    the merger will be a good thing in some states and bad news in others in terms of how many positions are left on post merger seniority boards.

4. alabama grappler

alabama grappler Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Decatur, AL

Hey Magic... I know exactly how you feel.

5. alabama grappler

alabama grappler Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Decatur, AL
    I did hear that we were going to use the Roadway Computer System cause it is easier and better customer friendly. (Boy the Terminal Manager and his side kick will be in trouble then... cause they don't know how to cheat it).

6. MagicRyno

MagicRyno Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    the TM here in vegas (a recent transplant from 841 phoenix) has been walking on eggshells ever since the merge was announced he and the rest of his middle mgt buddies will probably be the first to feel the ax crash down. one of the latest rumors swirling around vegas is that an architect was trolling around the yellow terminal mumbling about how he'll add 34 doors onto the 74 door teminal. interesting...

7. latanea

latanea Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    It appears that there are 52 on Yellows board (road) in Cincy...

they will merge (dovetail per contract) with the 170 on our (roadway) board...

(at our location "241").

No word of how soon - but I would imagine within the next 4 months.

8. Luby

Luby Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2008
    When our pensions got frozen, what did the union say? When the management staff is reduce, what does the union say? Remember when management staff is reduce they are fired not layed off. The only time a union cares about the company is when there is talk about layoffs. If there is a real and true concern why doesn't the union come forward and say we will take $1.00 hr pay cut for the rest of the year? Or something like that. Something short term with a end date. Management takes short term pay cuts.

9. oldguns

oldguns Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2008
    columbus ohio
    I have watched the changes at rdwy and yellow, at holland were still laying off.. every friday the men at the bottom wait to see if there10% or laid off. I talked to yellow driver at our term and he said it's the same for them. I don't know where we're we are headed towards, if it crashes our pensions will take a hit also.

10. latanea

latanea Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)

DO not know where you are getting your info - our stock is up and we have the infrastructure to move 40% more freight than we have now.

Bill Zollars (our chief) issued a meme last week that stated Holland was paid off - and our overall cash flow would be much better than it was a year ago.

also we are projecting standard earnings in the next 3 quarters.

ABF is also Union by the way....

11. Hilltop

Hilltop Medium Load Member

Mar 12, 2008
    N.H
    Reading that list list kinda made me chuckle

They have a termanal listed that is not even there nor is there a said town in that state..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.