Yes, I'm still with Swift

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Texas-Nana, Jun 5, 2010.

1. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    Welcome back Nana. I missed the thread about why you were gone, but have missed your comments just the same. I, too, missed 3 weeks for being sick back in April. Had a serious gall bladder/pancreas attack while dropping a load and ended up in the hospital 600 miles from home. I was really impressed with how Swift and my DM showed their concern for me and took care of me while I was out. 2 thumbs up for this company that everyone seems to hate so much. I think they are just jealous they don't have it this good.

Welcome back and keep on trucking!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cookie278

cookie278 Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2009
    WA
    Tried to pm this but your box is full... :biggrin_25522: )

I just wanted to tell you how much your posts have meant to me (prob many others as well). Way back in Oct my husband and I began to look into driving. Well, he wanted to drive, I was doing the looking into :biggrin_2559:
    Anyway, I enjoyed your posts. It was nice to get a fair point of view, without all the testosterne :biggrin_25522:

Hubby is now driving with Swift and is happy with them so far.

I hope your feeling better and continue to improve. Just wanted you to know you have been appreciated and missed and hope to see you on the boards again soon. :biggrin_25525:

4. Hitman

Hitman Mr. Gamer

Sep 5, 2006
    Tioga, PA
    Welcome back Nana!

5. SwiftJonestowndriver

SwiftJonestowndriver Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Mendham, NJ
    Oh wow.... that's a blessing... I don't think the company has bad intentions, but 2 of the 3 terminals that i've run out of..lol, to be treated nice by anyone there...i.e. my girl has been in and out of the hospital due to fibroids growing near our kid, and these guys way of showing concer is trying to make me feel guilty for wanting hometime... but there are still a lot of good people with our company... i just don't work with them, I would love to, but Im always told to communicate with my home terminal

6. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

Nana!!!! Welcome back!! Missed you and your clever posts.

BTW, ONGB has been attempting to dodge my cast-iron skillet, in the absence of your pointy stick!!! LOL

TTYL

Judi Kay

7. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    Thank you each and everyone. You're all so sweet.

Judi Kay.......you whack him a good one for me!

cookie that means more to me than you'll ever know.

Jonestown -- if you're running OTR you can be on any fleet once you're established. If you're OTR and you know a fleet/terminal that you like....go in and talk to the "friendly" DM (you know the guy...it's the one that chats with the drivers....usually works nights or weekends.) Ask about the possiblity of running with that fleet and being allowed to go to your hometown for your hometime.

Sometimes it won't work....but I know a number of drivers running with fleets no where near their homes.

8. 59Panhead

59Panhead Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Good to see you posting, I joined after you had left and I felt like I was missing out on your posts. Your reputation spoke volumes as I read thru old threads.

simplyred1962 Thanks this.
  9. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    why thank you Panhead. You must have only read the posts I made before I got so grumpy! :biggrin_25523:

10. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L

Nothin' wrong with bein' grumpy!

Welcome back.

11. mizdageeragn

mizdageeragn Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    almost there
    Are you saying you aren't always grumpy????
    SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Glad to have you back! Missed your incisive quips etc. more than I can tell ya!!
    YOU had a lot of us praying and wondering where ya went. Next time some notice would be appreciated! Keep the sunny side up and the muddy side down.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.