Yet Another New Guy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Madbulls, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Madbulls

Madbulls Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Central Texas
    Just doing the obligatory new guy post. I'm not in the industry, but have always wanted to be, ever since I was a kiddo. I'm in my mid-thirties, and currently work for "the man". I've got 15 years in, and eligible to retire at 47 with a modest pension. (It becomes quite nice if I leave it in there for a while, which I'll likely do). My goal is to work for another 5 years, which will give me a solid 20 at the same place. Then retire without drawing, (letting it sit and grow), and finally get into the industry where I can finish out my next 20 years. Ultimately, I'd retire at 60, having 20 in both industries, and live a modest but respectable retirement.

Welp, that about sums it up. I've been browsing for ages, and since Im getting down to just a handle of years before I potentially make the leap I figured it was time to sign up, haha. Look forward to continuing to learn from all the experienced guys and gals about how things have changes, and continue to.

-Madbulls

Edit - Live in Central Texas/Austin area.

Razor3 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Razor3

Razor3 Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2014
    North Central, AR
    Appreciate your service. Hope the next 5 years of service is good to you.
    You have a solid plan. The trucking industry should be an easy transition since you're probably used to being gone with deployments/training exercises etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.