Yet another rookie on board!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Space wrangler, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Space wrangler

Space wrangler Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Jackson, MS
    Hit This is my first post but been reading the threads/blogs since I started school. I'm from Mississippi and just got my cdl through Celadon. I started OTR in the begginng of Feb.
    I was active duty Air Force from 03-09 and was stationed state side in VA for my term. Why did I choose trucking as a career? I've always had respect for the commitment it takes to drive a rig (brother and step dad prior driver) and saw it as a challenge to learn a new trade that I could support my family on for the rest of my life. And also to see this beautiful country we live in!
    Now with that in mind, after driving a reefer for the last month pretty much through the south, I have gained a lot more respect for what is required on a daily basis from us. I love a challenge and I love the responsibility of ensuring that I drive safely, deliver on time, etc.
    So far with Celadon I have nothing but positive things to say (very professional company. Great dispatcher, and for a newbie really good runs.
    Thanks to all y'all out there that sacrifice a lot to do what you do, As corny as it sounds, the trucking industry is the backbone that keeps America running!

RetiredUSN, Ds86 and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ds86

Ds86 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2014
    palm coast, fl
    First off thank you for your service.. and we have been at Celadon about a year now.. all and all not a bad place to work

Chinatown and RetiredUSN Thank this.
  4. RetiredUSN

RetiredUSN Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Thank you for your service!

Best of luck pards!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.