York compressor leaking at back cover

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by ShooterK2, Dec 26, 2015.

1. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    My '99 W9 has the old school York AC compressor. We pressured up the system and it has a slight leak from the back cover. Almost all the info I can find online deals with leaking shaft seals or head gasket leaks. Has anyone replaced the rear cover seal (I believe it's a o-ring, but I haven't pulled the cover yet) with any success?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upallnite

upallnite Light Load Member

May 15, 2010
    Hempstead,TX
    Check with the dealer, those complete units are cheap enough to just replace. they even have brackets now so you can replace it with the newer style sanden compressors like on the newer truck. these are more efficient and just plain work better. do a little research and good luck on your choice.

4. kwcam

kwcam Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2012
    at the shop
    That year of truck should have the ICC a/c compressor, don't waste time trying to fix them, have it replaced along with the receiver drier. once you try to open the compressor its done.
    The sanden ones are way better if it can be fitted.

5. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I just ordered a new compressor and clutch, just so I won't have to worry about it for a while. Thanks for the help, guys.

6. ke5adb

ke5adb Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Stillwater, Ok
    I'm on my 4th York compressor since April. My advice, throw it in the trash and call AP Air. Order a Sanden compressor with the correct brackets. I have a brand new kit at the house ready to go on mine. Reman Yorks don't last anymore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.