You can make this stuff up....

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by bad-luck, Jul 3, 2022.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    well to be honest, the lease purchase sales pitch is, "you can be your own boss and make BIG dollars".....(how you make the BIG dollars is on you)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I think there's more to this story. In a normal world, you're right, but something doesn't jive. I doubt this guy ever "drove" for Swift, and shows the desperation, rob a bank, in this day and age? Pfft, in a world of cameras and in a vehicle that has a monitoring device, apparently, THIS, is how stupid one can be. Scam the elderly or run a car repair business, but rob a bank? Makes Swift look even worse and say what you will, they haul a LOT of Americas freight. On my trip out west, I saw many Swift trucks, and they all did a great job.

Six9GS Thanks this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Sad thing is it took a week to find him. Even though they knew exactly what vehicle he had and exactly where he was at.

5. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Laugh all you want, he was the highest-earning driver at Swift that week.

Speedy356, sevenmph, D.Tibbitt and 6 others Thank this.
  6. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    This is a weird one. I can't explain how the guy ended up with a Swift truck for so long. But, Swift has thousands of trucks, guess it's hard keeping track of them all. Trucks are assigned to a terminal, so maybe there was some confusion on which terminal the truck was assigned to.
    And, I had a friend who initially fell for the lease program at Swift. When it didn't work out for him, he left the company and truck behind. The truck sat in one of the regular bobtail spots at the terminal where he left it for over 3 months before they finally moved it. They have areas for bobtail parking, areas for rigs in shop status, rigs available to be assigned to a driver, etc. So, having it parked in the regular bobtail area wasn't really where it belonged at the time. But,,that's where it stayed parked. IDK. Swift does a practical job of controlling entry and exit of rigs at terminals. But, lots of ways it could have slipped through the cracks.
    And, using a rig as a bank robber get away vehicle is straight out of a stupid commedyabout inept bak robbers.
    I had a friend once who's Uncle was a retired homicide detective. He was a good guy and had a funny, but dark, sense of humor. He told me once something that made alot of sense. He said, in general, criminals aren't too smart. Because if they were just alittle bit smarter they would have figured out that what they were doing wasn't a good idea. But, they tend to lack that last point or two of IQ to realize it.

Val_Caldera, Feedman and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Never underestimate the level of stupidity by criminals today..

8. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Really dumb .

banks don’t have any cash .
    I went by mine to get $5,000 to buy a car and they literally didn’t have it .

Plus every cop in the country including the fbi is looking for you .

credit card fraud and identity theft is where the big money is , and the cops have less than zero interest in that .

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  9. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    OK I’m not trying to sound like I have a criminal mind but you’re dead on with that stuff. There’s people out there making themselves multi millionaires within months dealing in the virtual world. Selling illegal or grey area goods, fraud, peptides, drugs, steriods, medications etc. Especially with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies these guys can set up shop, become a solid member of a few dark web websites and rake in tens of thousands a day in orders. Do it for a year and get out.

They barely even go after them, and if they get caught, they plea put, get 2-3 years and go back to their hidden cash.

Meanwhile, we have our Attorney General chasing down parents who go to school board meetings or oppose the school board policies of teaching their kindergartners about sex. Lol

We truly have lost our Way, but I’m not going into politics

10. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
  11. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Your right! I am just a truck driver.... lol

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.