You can't refuse a DOT inspection but...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Farmerbob1, Apr 5, 2018.

1. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Sweet looking A model btw, that avatar almost slipped by me. Tell me more.....B model Cat with a 15?

shogun Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Not mine, I just wish. I had my eye on a 77 A model with a 36 inch and a big cam 3 400 with a 15 and 3.08s, just haven’t done anything yet.

wore out and rank Thank this.
  4. TaterWagon#62

TaterWagon#62 Medium Load Member

Oct 15, 2016
    WNY
    Document everything. Video is good, plus notes. After it is all over, you file a nice, complete and RATIONAL complaint against the officer's conduct. It is immaterial that he is an ### hole. He is a professional ### hole: He gets paid to do this.

Your only legitimate complaint is that he violated a right that you can articulate or that he acted in a manner that was clearly inappropriate or discriminatory.

Revenge is a dish best served cold and you have to have mapped out the route to dinner with utmost attention to detail and care. Being pissed off and hot with indignation is a losing recipe.

HopeOverMope and Buster Churry Thank this.
  5. TaterWagon#62

TaterWagon#62 Medium Load Member

Oct 15, 2016
    WNY
    15 months? Screw that. How about one day in jail for each provable dollar taken in bribe. $4000 divided by 365 = 10.95 years. That seems about right. And 1/2 of that time for the bribe payer unless he is a public official and then it should be 1:1 ratio. Oh, and yes, $40,000 in bribes would be a life sentence (109.5 years). Tater ain't playin'.

I don't care if you cut a guy a break because you like the color of his eyes or you both like the same sports team. But the second you take money to not do your job in violation of the public trust? The consequences should give you nightmares.

shogun and rank Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.