You Want Someone to Set an Action Date?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 7mouths2feed, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Matthews

Matthews Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Akron,OH
    If its there now I really dough that it will last a while longer!
    They are pretty picky about what NEWS get posted.

But yes thats Crazy to hear its posted there!

Posted on our BROKERS SITES? oh SH&T!

The general public MUST know that WE ALL do not WANT a strike!

WE DONT! We do on the other hand want our FUEL PRICES to DROP and our freight rates to go up! These are not just my words...

Shutting down our TRUCKS will not just hurt us! But if its our only and LAST resort we'll PARK,EM!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Well I bet the unions wont be in it they will holler that they can not because of their contract.But when they strike they get mad if you cross the picket line.But if they would it would mean a lot more important frieght stopped and some of it would impact lots more big companies,manufactures.The trickle down effect.But the trickle would be faster.

4. 68scode

68scode Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2007
    salisbury nc
    April 1st hummmmmmmmm what's signifigant about that day?

5. Skateboardr'swife

Skateboardr'swife Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I was thinking the same thing.. Not sure if April Fools Day would show a positive light or not????

6. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Well good luck guys. I have yet to hear anything in Brevard County, FL.

Kinghunter

7. 68gtx

68gtx Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2008
    Plainville,IN
    1 day or 1 week right now is not as important as the fact that we start something. We have to quit telling everyone it won't matter. It won't matter to anyone if we do nothing. Get on board with this and stop running down the road making the oil companies more profit. Stay home March 24th. April 1st stay home again, 1 day? 2 days? 3 days? Take action and let's get the word out!!

8. Sergeant-Scream

Sergeant-Scream Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Gallipolis,Ohio
    Post some flyers on the gas pumps....go on the cb and tell everyone going west,east,south and north bounds March 24th and April 1st STAY HOME!!!

9. gearjammer-2000

gearjammer-2000 <strong>Clutch User</strong>

Dec 18, 2007
    columbus Ohio
    just got out of the shop in Columbus and the manager brought up the idea of a shutdown, i ask him what he has heard and he said that 4 or 5 truckers have said the 24th, that is the date that I am seeing and hearing more and more.
    It looks like a large group are getting impatient, this is the loudest I have ever seen truckers yell the same thing, the odds of it happening appear to be in favor of it happining. All i can say is I hope it does for all of our well being

10. mich_white_tiger

mich_white_tiger Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Lambertville,MI
    After talking to my boss at the truck stop, we have decided to support the drivers. It will be hard on us too, but something has to give.:biggrin_2558:For the record, I just e-mailed a link to this string to all 4 of my local television stations News Tip lines...I recommend everybody else do the same thing if you want any attention paid...Good Luck..I stand behind you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.