Your Choce Pay Plan

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by sjtrucker, Nov 3, 2013.

1. sjtrucker

sjtrucker Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Hayward WI
    I have reserved judgment on out new pay plan until I have been in it long enough to give a fair assessment. I have been at Roehl for a year now, and after the last score card came out I can now say it SUCKS. The docked me 2000 points for being 10 minuets late on a delivery. Now before you say, well you were late, what is the problem? allow me to explain. I am a flat bed driver. This was a refer load. It was my first refer load. When I picked it up in Marshfield, I had about 1 hour to hook it, get instruction from the shop on how to run the stupid thing, and get it 10 miles up the road to deliver. I sent in my loaded call and headed out. It was quickly kicked back because the temp I sent in didn't match the BOL requiring me to stop and call, even though everything was correct. Than due to poor directions I missed the turn into the Cons, and had to drive clear up to the next town, to SAFELY turn around. When I arrived, the Cons never said one word about me being late, not one complaint. Yet I got hosed. The 2000 points was the difference in me getting a pay increase or staying neutral for the quarter. I took up the issue with my FM, who did everything she could to get it corrected, but the powers that be said Nope!! It is what it is.....Needless to say that will be the last refer I pull, and the job search is under way.

Ultra7, baha, Lux Prometheus and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. benalva

benalva Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2013
    #### sorry for the outcome brother-have any advice for me got scheduled for orientation monday 11/11 and super curious if roehl was a good choice? Just graduated from school so very interested on any info

4. sjtrucker

Nov 5, 2007
    Hayward WI
    Roehl is a good company, I have always felt they treated me fair until this last situation. I am not even mad about it, just disappointed. That's the problem with these "performance" based pay plans. They don't leave any room for common sense judgment. I am sure you will do just fine, and as a new driver you have 6 months before the pay plan has any bearing on you anyway. Good luck!!

5. benalva

benalva Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Hey thanks a lot brother appreciate the info a lot-was just very shaky if I made the right choice-my other choice was us express and I've heard 50/50 about them-but thanks

6. RightCoast

RightCoast Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Upstate NY/Central FL
    I occasionally got hooked to a reefer when I was there and hated it. I would practically beg Meltom to get me out from under it as I never had a good experience with them. Roehl was really good to me, but I have heard things have been changing since I left and not for the better.

benalva, sjtrucker and Projektf350 Thank this.
  7. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    expect the expected...lol

RightCoast Thanks this.
  8. sjtrucker

Nov 5, 2007
    Hayward WI
    Yeah Safety above all else......unless your going to be late......

Projektf350 Thanks this.
  9. benalva

benalva Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Yea I've heard the good and the bad with roehl as well as with other companies but roehl seems to have more good than bad-it s great theyre big on safety its gonna be my first time driving semi's just graduated from trucking school so definitely super nervous-espeacially this time of year with snow about to hit

10. RightCoast

Oct 6, 2013
    Upstate NY/Central FL
    Haha. Right? And it was always with a reefer. My first time pulling one was from Marshfield to Texas and it had terrible times that completely altered my sleep schedule from what I had been doing. At about 3am I just couldn't drive anymore and sent weekend/night dispatch a QC message that they needed to readjust because it was going to be a parking spot now or a ditch down the road. Got back the standard "do your best" and something about a strict appointment at consignee. Then they kept waking me up with messages about the reefer temperature being out of range every hour and it never was. So much for restful sleep as I keep getting out in 20 degree weather to double check the unit.

11. RightCoast

Oct 6, 2013
    Upstate NY/Central FL
    In all seriousness, Roehl is/was a good company. I had a great dispatcher for most of the time I was there that really took care of me. There were things I didn't like but when it came down to it they were pretty darn fair. You could do a lot worse than Roehl.

Projektf350 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.