Your cruise setting

Discussion in 'Prime' started by ExplorerInGA, Nov 14, 2011.

1. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    So you actually expect anyone to believe that when you go from 55 to 62 you lose 2 MPG?

That's straight up ########!

Nah....It don't suck at all because I actually get 6.5 + consistantly and unlike you I don't just invent a fuel MPG numbers to make my point.

You may be getting 8.5 but I seriously doubt it and if (a big if) you are getting that you are lying about the 2 MPG loss by speeding up 7 MPH.

Appointments.....I don't do appointments.

Reefer freight.....Oh yeah, Appointments, lumpers, bad treatment at recievers and shippers, Waiting for hours to be loaded....:biggrin_25526:

Grilled the cow last night....Now I'm just waiting for this customer to open the get and load me so I can get goin'....and burn up some fuel!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 7122894003481

7122894003481 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2011
    My grandpa is 81 and would blow the doors off all these Prime drivers in his Buick.

Duck Man Thanks this.
  4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Tell ya what. I keep good track of my fuel, so I'd be happy to show ya the numbers. It's more like 10mph on the speed, and we have two different classes of trailers. The wide single tires and trailer air dams make quite a difference. I'll buy the cow - you grill!

:biggrin_2559:

Lying???? You buy the dang cow. And grill. I got the numbers... you don't have squat!

You don't haul reefer freight either!

Yup, appointments. Shippers pay for the lumpers. Bad treatment? They won't see my truck again. Waiting for hours??? Pay me. Its spelt D-E-T-E-N-T-I-O-N!

Aw... you'd be proud of me grandpa! I actually pushed it up to 60 last night!

:biggrin_2559:

Your grandpa could probably blow the doors offa you! :biggrin_2559:

5. 7122894003481

7122894003481 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2011
    I can still get 70 out of the pedal and 68 cruise. Not nearly as fast as Id like, though.

6. ExplorerInGA

ExplorerInGA Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Lawrenceville, GA
    My FM called me to "suggest" I slow down to 55-58 so I'd be putting more money in my pocket. Had to kinda interrupt him, nicely, and tell him, also nicely, that I frankly don't care. I want loads that PAY. MPG and whatnot is something everyone else can fret about. When my truck needs fuel, it gets it. End of story. I still think I'm one of the fastest drivers at Prime and proud of it. Someone's gotta make us look a little better.

7. Easy Steamer

Easy Steamer Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    They are focused on the customer who is paying the surcharge and wants the mileage increased. They are trying to not potentially lose an account because we are too expensive, then what money will you use to put fuel in your truck:biggrin_25513:

8. ExplorerInGA

ExplorerInGA Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Lawrenceville, GA
    If ya give me a 65 mph truck, that's what I'm gonna do. More efficient that way.

9. olphart

olphart Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Minden,LA
    Hell Yea!!! My cruise setting? WFO.

10. FilthyMcNasty

FilthyMcNasty Light Load Member

I'm not a Prime driver but I set mine at +1 or 2 above the speed limit on the interstates. Speed limit on the backroads. Now when I get my own truck next year I'll set it to where I'm running 12-1300 rpm to save fuel.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.