Your DAC is everything

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by bobobrazil, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corysti

corysti Medium Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Arkansas
    I've been told that your DAC is like your Credit Score, You screw it up, It's hard to get back in good standings.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CaptJack

CaptJack Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Botetourt Co., VA
    All depends on what is on there and who put it on there. If a company put something on there by "mistake" and you call them on it, they really dont have a choice but to change it. Legally they cannot put false information on your DAC, but then if you got on someones wrong side it doesnt mean that they wont try to screw you good.

4. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
    It seems to me that the companies that put a black mark on your DAC,are the same ones that that are big,have high driver turnover,and don't pay ####.......

If you leave them,it seems they don't want your warm body filling the seat of their competition....................

jvar4001 Thanks this.
  5. laya572002

laya572002 Bobtail Member

May 22, 2008
    charlton city ma
    oh sorry I applied for lessors quite some time ago about 5 months ago so maybe they just started checking or yes maybe my recruter lied. I have never gotten anything
    from usis regarding companies checking my dac. Are they supposed to send you something?

6. Southernraven

Southernraven Bobtail Member

May 30, 2008
    Benton,Arkansas
    My husband failed a drug test..he was on medication prescribed by doctor,just got off Workman's comp after a bad accident,Company KNEW THIS<failed him anyway,and put it on his DAC..we have 2 lawyers because of his wreck,we informed both of them about what happened,this is what they said..."What the company did was unethical,BUT NOT ILLEGAL!" This was done WHILE HE WAS IN ORIENTATION,not actually hired back!!!! Nice,huh??:biggrin_25510: THE ONLY PEOPLE WITH RIGHTS ARE THE CORPER:biggrin_25510:ATIONS!!! they can put anything on your DAC,get away with it,AND YOU CAN"T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!

7. CaptJack

Apr 20, 2008
    Botetourt Co., VA
    They usually send you a letter stating what company did the check and there and will send a copy of whatever is on your DAC. I always get the same thing showing on mine, a ticket I got in 2000 from having a FORD vanity plate on my Mustang for a show instead of the state license plate.

8. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    I would like to see DAC go th where you can get a online report like you can for your credit reports. It seems to me that they want to keep it a big secret from you the driver.

9. mickeyinlasvegas

mickeyinlasvegas Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Niles, MI
    How long does it take a company to get your DAC for employment? And should I get my copy about the same time? Been off of the road a looooong time. Just waiting on job offer.

10. CaptJack

Apr 20, 2008
    Botetourt Co., VA
    When a company checks your DAC, they get the info same day. You get your letter from USIS stating what company checked it out and some of whats on it when snail mail delivers it.

11. mickeyinlasvegas

mickeyinlasvegas Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Niles, MI
    Thanks, was just wondering as I'm waiting on getting back on the road. Been a long time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.