Your experience: Swift based in Lewiston

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Slipstream2023, Feb 8, 2023.

1. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Lewiston terminal is the only terminal that I have been to that has no gate or fence around it.
    so it will be easy for you to get in.
    like moose says... papermill is the main shipper there..I am out of jurupa terminal but been up there a few times

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aelwero

aelwero Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2018
    Based out of lewi terminal for 3 years...

For swift in general, there's always something to roll. There's never a point where it's "sit there until something is available".

If you're general OTR, They generally send you plans with a fair amount of wiggle room, and leave it to you to call ahead to the receivers if you want to drop early (common, more loads more $$).

If you're dedicated (Lowe's runs northwest region out of Lebanon OR, San Fran to Missoula, any and all Lowe's stores in between), the pace is usually a little quicker, but there's less leeway to turn down a load, and dedicated accounts are less patient about delays.

By and large though, the drivers run swift. The "driver leaders" facilitate what the drivers want more so than they dictate. It's a little odd, in a "tail wagging the dog" kinda way :)

Lewis specifically has good folks. It's out of the way, off the beaten path, and the whole atmosphere of the terminal reflects that, in a good way. If you're gonna run a swift, it's a good place to be.

Home time is home time. It's *never* as advertised, anywhere. If you want to be home every weekend, look local. Pays roughly half, but it's home every day. Swift will want you to go run OTR for a while, but they got a few local trucks, some in town, some out and back to spokie/Moses lake/umatilla in a day cab.

They aren't amazeballs or anything, but they don't totally suck as a terminal either. Solid option if you live in the area.

I hear good things about Odom beverage as far as local gigs go. Everything else local driving wise, what I hear is kinda so-so.

Moosetek13, D.Tibbitt and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Odom Beverage - glad I saw your post. I can ad Odom Beverage to my notebook.
    Locations:
    Washington
    Hawaii
    Alaska
    Idaho
    ~
    [​IMG]

5. XenonOxide

XenonOxide Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2022
    I’m not based there but in my short experience with swift I’ve already done two paper loads from Lewiston. That was honestly my favorite load to drive.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.