Your first DOT inspection.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by IROCUBabe, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Rodeo_Joe

Rodeo_Joe Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Blackstock, Ontario
    i got like 6 inspections in one trip, mostly just paper, one full inspection, couple warnings, fire extingisher could wobble a lil in its holder (suppost to be secure), an the us dot decal was missin the "us" part. K... i'm from canada an i'm not fully up on all the us laws but what other dot # could it be? i guess i'm just surprised there that picky

Just so you know if u dont want to get a lot of inspections, dont haul horses. Had tractor trailer 15 horse trailer. one horse in it. They love to check out the horse an stamp the health papers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

I've had a few creditials checks...got dinged once, no fine.

Got placed OOS another time now that I think of it, lol. But that wasn't truck related. I was naughty and didn't have something I was supposed to have.

I've also had a full bore inspection at a POE out in the middle of nowhere. He must have had a daily quota or something, lol. We had to do everything outside. I know he checked the brakes, lights...other stuff too, I just can't remember. Even had a crawler to get underneath the truck. He thought I had a low tire, but when he checked it, it was fine. Unfortunately I got dinged there too...didn't have my grid numbers filled in from the previous day. No fine though.

4. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Hmmm, ahhh, can't remember back to the 70's! I know there were a few! Many road side for the first few years as all I ever did was run the small roads in the Smokey Mountains in N GA, SC, NC and TN! I got to be on a first name basics with most of them!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.