Your opinon on wreckless driving

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by T-BONE JR, Oct 29, 2012.

1. T-BONE JR

T-BONE JR Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2012
    I had a buddy who caught two wreckless driving the same year 2010 but he has zero points on his license he wants to know will he be able to get with a trucking company now his 3yrs is up in march 2013 he has a cdl and has driving exp he wants to know will he have a chance of getting hired now and will it effect him if he applies now before the wreckless driving charges fall off

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I'd put his file in a special, " do not hire" file.

Shows habits to me. There's enough clean drivers out there.

TRKRSHONEY, 48Packard and T...Street Thank this.
  4. ICT-Troy429

ICT-Troy429 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Cumberland, WI
    Yikes....2 wreckless driving tickets in 1 year? What were the details of the incidents that involved the "wreckless driving?" One may be understood if not condoned...but two in the same year....I sincerely doubt that any respectable trucking company will even consider his application.....even after 3 years. Insurance companies don't even want to see 1 ticket involving wreckless driving with a CDL holder in the last 10 years. He may be better off to consider a career change. Sorry.

T...Street and TRKRSHONEY Thank this.
  5. flatbed cowboy

flatbed cowboy Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2012
    i had a reckless driving 4.5 years ago and had a really hard time finding a company that would hire me. at the time of my first job(covenant transport) it was a little over 3 years old. they didnt mind too much that i had the reckless on my record. also worked for btc and they said they didnt care because it was over three years old. you might have a hard time with two of them but i just gave you two companies that might hire you. i would try btc first as covenant was an awful experience

6. MustangMark83

MustangMark83 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Winter Haven, FL
    whats "wreckless driving"? Is that where you can drive without having a wreck?

hup, EZX1100, scottied67 and 4 others Thank this.
  7. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    He has no place in any vehicular object unsupervised.

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  8. T-BONE JR

T-BONE JR Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2012
    The charges he had were dui"s reduced to wreckless driving he got caught both times in his yard in his car with keys in the ignition never moved his car his neighbor is a cop and his current wife is my buddy x wife he has been trying to screw up his career for the longest knowing this info does he have a chance with a company HE HAS A CLEAN MVR WITH NO POINTS HIS CDL

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If his MVR is clean, what's the problem?
    Why doesn't he move to another state to get away from his ex-wife & her new hubby?
    Look at different trucking companies websites and see what they require? They are not all the same.

carolinacargo.com (Here is one example)

QUALIFICATIONS[​IMG]

• High School Education or Equivalent
    • At Least 23 Years of Age
    • Commercial Driver's License (CDL) "A" - No Beginner Permits Please
    • Clear and Current (Within 30 Days) Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) History - No DUIs and No More Than 5 Minor Violations Within the Past 5 Years
    • No More than 1 Chargeable Accident in the Past 5 Years (Including Violations Received in Personal Vehicle)
    • Available and Physically Fit for Long Haul Forced Dispatch (Long Form DOT Physical Within Past 6 Months)
    • Pass Drug Screening
    • No Major Violations in the Past 5 Years

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Also, shows poor judgement, staying there. Most people would have a yard sale, move to another state, & start life over. It's not that difficult to do. There are 9 states with no personal income taxes; pick one and go for it.

11. T-BONE JR

T-BONE JR Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Does my buddy have a chance of getting with a trucking company or is it over for him he has 2 wreckless driving one in 2009 and one in 2010 both were in his personal vehicle they were dui's but dismiss so he could keep his cdl he was sleep in his car with keys in the ignition in his yard never moved if so what companys could he try he has no points on his mvr and he is an experienced driver his dac is clean

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.