Your Thoughs on working for ABF

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Nightwind8830, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    ABF might be your first job and last job you can retire from. I would take the ABF over Schneider. Plus at ABF you can do local or Linehaul which is somewhat road. A lot of old guys are retiring from ABF so they might fill the slots up and not hire for awhile as in years. Schneider will always be hiring and will be there to fall back on. But relocating is a big choice so that is up to you. Might try to get on then transfer if you can. If relocating isn't a big deal then do ABF if it is then you got to think about really hard. I relocated for a job and it's worked out tremendously CA to CO.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boy Howdey

Boy Howdey Medium Load Member

May 22, 2013
    Schneider will always be there, but ABF is extremely hard to get on with.

I've been with ABF as a linehaul driver for 9 years.

4. swiff

swiff Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Do they pay for the 1 month of school? They said I have to go to there school. I think it lasts for a month.

5. Boy Howdey

May 22, 2013
    I think so.You have to call their recruiting department.

I know they hired guys without a cdl, made them work the dock before sending them to school.

swiff Thanks this.
  6. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    ABF has terminals in Brooklyn, Bay Shore, Carlststadt, and a few others in jersey... Just a thought

Shaggy and joewispers Thank this.
  7. swiff

swiff Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2014
    They are only hiring for the PA location last time I checked. This is for people with no experience if u have 1 year experience then year more terminals will hire you.
    I think I will go with Schneider to get my experience hopefully ABF has opening in a year or two so I can get on with them. I cannot relocate in such a short time frame.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    You confuse me,

Have fun @ SNI getting your cdl, No one likes a troll.

9. Boy Howdey

May 22, 2013
    Tough deal. Good luck.

10. swiff

swiff Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2014
  11. swiff

swiff Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2014
    I just got my CDL this month shaggy. I also I have a truck with a driver I am running with my own authority. Crazy I know.

I need to get experience in the field before I take over my truck which is why I have a driver for it. I may not even take it over if I can get on with a union job. I will just use the truck for business.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.