Your thoughts on a lease program

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by BigBadBill, Mar 1, 2013.

1. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    Any updates on this?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    Looks like Bill does not want to answer or the deal is not going as planned.

4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    You know what they say about assumptions.. Rarely see Bill in TTR anymore. He works long hours & weeks. I have no idea if anything came of this or it was just an idea kicked around.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk 2

5. BoyWander

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    Yeah I've noticed Bill hasn't been posting lately. Things must be pretty busy for him. Hope everything is going all right at F2F.

6. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    I figured he might be busy working and not a lot of time to be messing around on computer. Hope things go well for him and all of you drivers. Have a great day.

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    He's actually on a trip right now. He bought a boat from some trucking exec he knows in Green Bay, WI.. ..he drove a big truck up there to pick it up but but the trailer tires were bad, and wheel bearings gave him some problems. Not a big deal just kind of annoying. He got it loaded up and is headed back to TN now. He's gonna park it at the boat dock off his front door on the TN River. He's got the biggest boat in the Volunteer Navy now, said he always wanted a cruise ship and now he's got one. We're all waiting for pics.

8. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    LOL, I couldn't afford one of those Green Bay guys dinghies. But for the record I did get the "Lake Lizard" down from WI to TN this last week.

On the leasing. When it was time to put ink to paper we could not get the lease rate down to a level that would allow for a driver to make a decent living without having to run 2,700 miles a week. It would have been great for the company but work/life balance is important. And I am also not against a person having to make sacrifices so that they can have a better life if the future. But all the deals we have looked at to date that we can be involved in would not have allowed that.

But the nature of business is you look at 100's of opportunities with the hopes that 1 will be profitable.

9. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    I live in a fishing community in WA and we have lots of pleasure boats here as well. Here are two things I have learned from other boat owners. My experience was better with my old Chris Craft. They say the to happiest days of boat owner ship are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

Boat=Bring on another thousand :biggrin_25523:

Sounds kind of like owning your own truck. Love the name you have chosen for her. I hope you enjoy it and don't have to swim to shore.

10. BoyWander

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    Have you thought about buying a couple of trucks and leasing them out yourself? Or did you already mention that scenario somewhere in this thread? If I remember correctly now, I think you might have....but still could work for a select small handful of people without things going haywire.

11. trees

trees Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2010
    It was a good idea, provided the numbers were right....

And provided that you also felt like spending a lot of time teaching truck drivers how to be business people.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.