Your Tractor...Preference? And why...

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by mongo_mike, Oct 31, 2011.

1. pagan22

pagan22 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Alabama
    We had a 2011 Peterbilt 387, but since Stevens fixed the fuel equalizer when it wasn't broken........*sigh* Even the Peterbilt dealership we stopped at in Iowa when we finally had time couldn't fix it after Stevens got a hold of it. Wish they'd hire ASE mechanics!

It stopped pulling fuel from the right tank soon as we left the yard in September and the fuel bill has been eating us alive. So we're downsizing to a T660 to try it out. Hopefully it'll work out. If not, we'll head back to the yard for either a new Pete or T700. Although I'm leery of the T700s once Stevens gets a hold of them because I know of many drivers who have had a lot of electrical issues with the harness. One even went through 3-4 T700s this year alone due to massive electrical problems.

As for Volvos...My friend who works for a different company has started buying new ones to lease under his parent company and he's quite impressed with them. I, on the other hand, am rarely impressed by any vehicle produced in Mexico.

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    This T660 is to small for me, I cant imagine stuffing 2 people in there :p

4. pagan22

pagan22 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Alabama
    And we're both fat too. LOL I'll be downsizing and living out of a duffel again like I did in training. Shouldn't be too bad if he can keep his stuff from going all over the truck like it currently is in the Peterbilt. :biggrin_255:

5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Wow....that must be the industry standard. We've got a "mechanic" at the local yard who just turned his first wrench a week ago, which ironic enough was his first day of employment.:biggrin_2555:

6. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    Upgraded to a 2011 660 when I joined Alliance. I really like it. It doesn't feel like a fleet throwaway truck like the 2000 did. Sure it's smaller up front, but it's still roomy where it matters most. I wholeheartedly agree with Steven's mechanics not being certified to clean windows...much less do major work on these trucks. I had them do an alignment on my truck. After they aligned it, I had to hold my steering wheel 90° to the right to keep the truck going straight. Took it to another shop, and they did another alignment. They said that it was so far out of alignment, they were surprised that it was even drivable.

7. Thehousethatpeterbilt

Thehousethatpeterbilt Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2010
    new jersey
    Love my 660 as long as im solo not, training or team.

8. apyles

apyles Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Newbern,Tn
    I prefer internationals with cummins motors. There usually fairly easy to troubleshot. And get decent fuel mileage.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.