Your Worst Flatbed Load?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by critters, Feb 17, 2013.

1. critters

critters <b>Late For Dinner</b>

Jul 16, 2011
    traverse city,MI
    think mine would have to be this past summer,in Houston,Tx 112+ out loading decorative fencing (shipper took all day) seem sthey had no idea what they were sending if it had not been for another driver in the area (from the same company) that came out to check on me I most likley would have left the shipper in an ambulance due to heat stroke. We all have had some of them type of loads, this is one of my most recent (short version of it) any you want you share?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    The worst flatbed load I had was a load of dewars. Dewars transport large quanities of CO2 and Nitrogen. They can weigh up to 650lbs and at the company I was at, you had to manhandle them and using the dewar cart was not allowed. Anyways, I had to load two and deliver in puring rain. Made it to the customer and got them set up and waited for the guy to unhook the empties. After that was done, he wanted two more. Made the same deliver in drenching rain. Luckily, the dewars did not slip out of my hands and cooperated with me that day.

KH

critters Thanks this.
  4. critters

Jul 16, 2011
    traverse city,MI
    That reminds me of a load salt I loaded in OH,just as I got my tarps out it started pouring rain now soaking wet get it all tarped the darn rain stopped and sun came out. not really one of my worst loads but was one of my wettest ones.

D.Tibbitt and The Challenger Thank this.
  5. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Just had a CNC lathe splash out all kinds of oily goop all over my deck, tarp, bungees, chains, catwalk, headache rack, frame, even probably gonna have to remove right front brakes and use Brakleen on the lining.

It's just a freakin' mess and I'm tickked as Hades that they didn't empty the pan for shipping. Gonna send the broker some pics and see about a cleaning surcharge on Monday.

D.Tibbitt, critters and The Challenger Thank this.
  6. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Funny thing is, I did all of this while driving a Class B truck with a liftgate. If you messed up on bringing it down, say good bye to the dewar. You need at least three strong men to pick them up.

KH

7. critters

Jul 16, 2011
    traverse city,MI
    Good Luck with that Semi Crazy, it has been my experience with brokers that they dont really care about us to much.

8. critters

Jul 16, 2011
    traverse city,MI
    My nastiest would have to go to the 102,000 lb press i picked in MI going to Chicago,think you could have filled a 25gl barrel with all the grease that was over it and to tarp it also,took me almost a whole day to wash my tarps and chains when that load was done.

9. Curly88

Curly88 Light Load Member

May 16, 2012
    Rexford Mt
    32,000 lb. press machine, 30 ft long, 8ft point in the middle, 1 ft high in the ends. I had one heck of a time figuring out how to tarp it. Didn't realize that 65 lb of air pressure on the suspension guage made me overweight. 'one of many rookie mistakes" The first scale sent me on thru, second one pulled me out back and said I'm 1600 lb over weight on the drives. Took me thru the inspection bay, oos for 2 brakes not ajjusting right. After ajjusting the brakes and spending $250 for someone to come out and rearrainge the machine I was out of hours, ended up taking a 10 at the scale. got home the next morning.

D.Tibbitt and critters Thank this.
  10. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Sailboat fuel....... Always the worst.

11. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Broker brains on a flat never works out, smells for weeks after and the crap sticks to your tarps.

D.Tibbitt, SHC, critters and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.