Your Worst Flatbed Load?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by critters, Feb 17, 2013.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    OMG, I agree. Never hauled them, but I have seen them on flatbeds being followed by 85 billion flies. Makes a dirty cattle trailer smell fresh.

critters and Jimmbuds Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crackinwise

crackinwise Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Central Florida
    Your worst load is now my favorite....LOL.... Made me laugh...sorry.. Im sure it was not fun but great story... You might as well have strapped 40,000lbs of dead bodies to your truck..... Im wondering if anyone on a motorcycle ever followed you down the road...Blood and slime blowing oof the load onto them...nasty. Guess this load stops tailgaters

Jimmbuds, critters and Noggin Thank this.
  4. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Medium Load Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Poquoson, VA
    Jimmbuds,
    That load sucked, But man it was a heck of a laugh reading your description.. I bout peed myself....

critters and Jimmbuds Thank this.
  5. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    This load aint worth $100/mile in my mind. Dont have to tell me again not to call on a load of hides.

My worst load was a load of railroad ties pickup at 8am along a set of tracks load only had to go 53 miles. Got there at 8 loaded on the road had 256 ties. Called the broker then called the shipping customer to verify the bill. Customer says you have 256 i say yes he says that wont work you need 245 ties. I said these #### things are bundled in sets of 16 he says with 256 theyll refuse it. Call the company that loaded me to find out where the loader is that left. She says hes at the corner of co rd 2000 and hwy 33. Tell her the problem she starts cussing and says shell tell the loader to take it off. Get to co rd 2000 and hwy 33 turn no loader but bundles of ties. Call her back she says hes up 1/4 mile. Now im on a gravel road and the only place to turn around is to blind back by the tracks and pull out. Took me 3 times to get it around the ditch and along the tracks then i got stuck. 4 hours and $500 later i got out a tow out.

Go back 1/4 mile up from co rd 2000 to get the other pieces taken off had to wait on the shoulder because there was no room to get 2 trucks in there. Get the ties taken off after having to block traffic so the other driver could get out. Finally deliever 53 miles from where i picked up at 3:45. Got done at 5ish got some food and hit the bar at 6. Bad day for me worse day for the broker. That $500 tow bill cost more than the load paid. And i got 5 railroad ties in my truck that were given to me for dunnage that i need to sell lmao.

critters Thanks this.
  6. Jimmbuds

Jimmbuds Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Yea Really, Needless to say I didnt have much of an appetite that night.

7. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    The worst load I ever pulled was live bee's out of Nor Cal to Wyoming. Loaded up at 7pm and had to drive at night. Once daylight hit, I had to stop so the bees could "do their thing" and could not drive again till 7pm in the evening. Luckily the load traveled over the weekend and I unloaded in the morning on Monday. Was interesting to say the least.

critters Thanks this.
  8. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    wonder how many innocent stinging victims there were while you were snoozin? lol

9. Jimmbuds

Jimmbuds Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Yea really, there was one out in Casa Grande, AZ that parked right amongst everyone else in an EMPTY parking lot. The whole back part of the parking lot was empty and he had to park right up front where everyone else parked.

10. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    No idea.... But I stopped at the scale house just before Evanston, WY to take my break. They have a nice big empty lot there. Thought about parking close to the truck inspection area to maybe keep the bears from working too hard, but figured they might get upset.... Then again bears do love honey lol

Worst part is, I HATE BEES!!! Wasps, hornets, all them suckers. I always get stung in my left ear. I've never been stung anywhere else, but at least 15 times in my left ear.... No idea WTF it's all about but they hate me too lol

Adieu and critters Thank this.
  11. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Sailboat Fuel and getting pulled into the Coop for being "overladen on an axle".......Even worse......:biggrin_2559:

critters and SHC Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.