YouTube media blitz?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JimDucan, Dec 27, 2014.

1. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Just a head's up people looking for jobs and going off all these bright new and shiny YouTube channels praising companies from the driver's standpoint.

I'm sure you are mostly aware of this, but they aren't 100% real. Not saying that the drivers are actors, but I will tell you that the company is well aware of them, and fully supporting them with added benefits. Always take reviews with a grain of salt, but the amount of money these companies are dumping into social media is a joke.

You want drivers to stay and come to your company? Try being a better company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EverywhereMan

EverywhereMan Medium Load Member

May 28, 2013
    The North
    A company trying to bolster their image and reputation through white or outright lies? Say it isn't so!

Really, this isn't much different than recruiters telling you how much greener the grass is on their side. Do your research, ask around and always perform your due diligence. Relying blindly on the word of others isn't the way to go.

Lonesome, droo and LGarrison Thank this.
  4. JimDucan

Mar 31, 2010
    Right, I agree, the only point I'm trying to make is they get some of these guys who "drive trucks" for them and make it look like they are "independently" putting up these videos.

Some people might not pick up on that these aren't the real truck drivers of the company, but an ad, hidden in plain sight.

5. EverywhereMan

EverywhereMan Medium Load Member

May 28, 2013
    The North
    Can't say I'm surprised. Not naming any company specifically, but these bottom-of-the-barrel carriers have zero integrity and will leave no stone unturned trying to find unsuspecting suckers to put up with their hogwash.

drvrtech77 and JimDucan Thank this.
  6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Job hunting via Youtube ??

That's probably worse than Craigslist.

:biggrin_2559:

LGarrison, Shaggy, Lonesome and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt

Who are the social media mega stars?

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I often wondered what companies pay their drivers and trainers for recruiting from youtube.

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  9. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Getting your job choices from Youtube is almost as bad as getting them from a guy who recommends companies he has never worked at.

10. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Anyone that actually believes any of what they see on Youtube should be in a mental institution anyway. Just sayin.

11. JimDucan

Mar 31, 2010
    I wouldn't go that far.

But, it needs to be said that I wouldn't believe the amount of paid shills on YouTube right now. There have been paid shills on this forum as well. I know some of you old timers might not understand this, but what they are trying to do is create the "total package". Somehow you find out about company X, maybe you are looking on Craigslist for a job because you are a GenY kid and the job market is soft. Company X is hiring! WITH TRAINING! in your area! YOU CAN GET A JOB!

So this poor guy/gal takes off to facebook and YouTube to look up Company X and guess what. It's coming up roses! Look at this awesome company!

Hook, line and sinker.

What's really happening is there is a media team in the background flooding places like Craigslist with ads, flooding facebook (also with ads on facebook as well) and now flooding YouTube. And they are gaming google with massive subscriber numbers with their video ads. While pushing the other guys off the listings or outright killing their accounts by flagging.

I'm hoping, and the reason I started this thread, is to let someone who googles "YouTube Trucking Channels" or something like that to be linked to this thread so they will figure out that those smiling, helpful faces showing off their equipment and helpful tips aren't the guys getting the shaft daily, or a common driver.

While we all have been around the block for awhile, times have changed. We are getting older, and sadly, we aren't as valuable anymore. Bottomfeeders need fresh blood. The average age of the drivers in trucking is like 46 years old. That's not good people. I'm just trying to tell people what I see going on right now.

Mudguppy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.