Yrc circling the drain again ?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by bzinger, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    The auto workers would be exhibit A in pricing yourself out of a job, and if you don't think that exact same thing can't happen to you because driving truck can't be outsourced, pull your head out of your ###, it may be rude, harsh, and brutal but that's life.

gokiddogo and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bobby87

bobby87 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2019
    You know what? You've totally convinced me I'm going in tomorrow and tell them to cap my pay at 60 grand this year just to make sure management all gets all that they need. Maybe I'll hang around after my route and do some cleaning around the office. Can't do enough for my betters you know! Golly, I'm just lucky they let me come in every day !!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2019
    jmz and speedyk Thank this.
  4. tallmon

tallmon Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2014
    You get every penny you can from the company and they should make every penny they can from you. You can quit tomorrow just like they can fire you tomorrow.

Yes, every driver can do that and every company can do that.

The difference is that some companies and some drivers aren't a#holes, they respect each other.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  5. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    You're a victim to political brainwashing.
    There is no logical dialogue with you. Everything is left vs right good vs evil, and everything that isn't you is evil one way or another, however you try and put it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2019
    jmz and bobby87 Thank this.
  6. De Trucker

Apr 21, 2015
    It's because of inflation. A lot of it is because the money in your wallet has less buying power.
    Realistically when adjusted for inflation average wages have only increased by 5% the last 30 years. The price of food, housing and just about everything else has skyrocketed. Along with CEO compensation which has increased by 900%. All while the union workforce has shrunk dramatically. From 40% in the 50s to only 10% today.
    But it's because of unions? Lol what a joke!

And non union made trucks are almost the same price. Mid sized Toyota Tacoma's for over $50k.

7. De Trucker

Apr 21, 2015
  8. De Trucker

Apr 21, 2015
  9. De Trucker

Apr 21, 2015
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Folks, no name calling please.

25(2)+2 and bzinger Thank this.
  11. bobby87

bobby87 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2019
    Can't fire a union worker for a first time incident unless it's really serious I've seen guys fired for harassment of female customers or theft. And they were right to be fired. Everything else is progressive at my place. I respect the supervisors I work with for the most part They are all former drivers and know what we go through The company I work for, on the other hand, has become one of the most anti- worker outfits in the country the last few years or so. They treat you as disposable assets even though they have a horrible time hiring because of the physical nature of the job. If the workers here don't stick together the company will screw them at every turn. I've been here a long time and have it relatively good but the younger guys are abused daily. This is why you need a union at some places. If a person wants to work non - union, that's their business but don't complain about those that do. Unions raise compensation for all workers

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.