YRC Freight hiring requirements?!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Irv90, Nov 8, 2017.

1. fuller

fuller Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Canada
    I worked for Yellow twice! I run my own gravel truck and trailer now, but here's how I was hired:

First time: Dispatched through the union hall. Bounced around a day here, a day there, with different outfits. Yellow kept me busiest, and also paid the best (at THAT time).

Second time: Just walked in. Clearly they knew I knew the work, as I had done it a few years before. Don't bother calling, or wasting time applying on-line. Go in to terminal with resume in hand, a firm handshake, and ready to work. If they need you, you'll start the next day.

I was local driver, with the occasional dockwork BS, so cannot comment on highway aspect.

Just my experience, but I'm sure all terminals are different.

2. fuller

fuller Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Canada
    I should add, that I'm pretty certain my terminal didn't keep resumes for future reference. I'm sure they all went straight into the circular filing cabinet if you weren't hired.

Guys retire, and this means you should keep going back regularly with a fresh resume. One day you'll be in the right place at the right time, and you'll start the next day.

crazeydude Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.